31

We'd been living here for about two weeks and no one else had come into her territory.

She didn't shift back either, she wouldn't.

I was now the conscience clawing to be free, but she was stronger than me and she knew it.

She looked up, growling deeply as she saw a helicopter with a very familiar symbol to her, a skull with tentacles flowing around it. HYDRA.

She knew she couldn't get them from where everything was positioned, hoping they hadn't seen her she crouched.

Her hopes were ruined when gunfire threw up the dusty dirt from its place around her, making her flee, but her territory didn't have much cover or anywhere to hide her so she was a sitting duck. We both were.

She ran as fast as she could, slightly outrunning the helicopter but they had us locked in their sights.

She let out an ear piercing howl as a bullet hit above her hindquarter, going clean through the muscle.

An ear-piercing screech echoed around for what seemed like miles.

If we reached cover long enough for her to shift, my hearing aid would send out a location to the Avengers, but we would be captured for sure.

She was angered by the idea of me taking over, but she knew it was the best option.

She made a sharp U-turn and ran back to where we had been, running into the rocky overhang that would shield us until they landed.

The blood loss started to cloud her vision as she quickly shifted back.

The painful sounding pops and cracks of bones rearranging themselves sounded.

I grunted as my shape returned to its human state and I started to panic.

I knew the Avengers wouldn't get here before HYDRA got to me.

I didn't even know if the hearing aids tracking device would still work because I'd shifted, but it was a risk that I was going to have to take.

I heard a gunshot, but felt a forceful prick in my side. There was a tranquilizer dart now sticking out of my side.

That was the last thing that came across my mind before I collapsed, everything going black.