29

I was level twenty the next time I looked over at the clock, it was 3:30 in the morning.

I got up and headed towards the elevator pushing the button and going to the ground floor.

"Where are you going Miss Brooks?"

I looked up, "Nico needs some food JARVIS, I'm gonna go get some for him," I answered.

After a moment, JARVIS asked, "At this time of night? Who would be selling anything besides liquor?"

I shrugged, "I know a guy who raises his own snake food and sells it for a decent price, I can go to him anytime," I lied.

JARVIS didn't ask anymore questions as the elevator doors opened.

I walked out the building without incident.

I started walking down the twists and turns of the busy nights in New York.

Eventually, I was in the outskirts. The abandoned part of town.

I could see the woods in the distance which would conceal her. When I made it there, I let her take over.
.
.
.
She shook her fur, delighted to be let out. Her plan had worked.

She picked up the shredded clothes, tossing them into a nearby abandoned hobo fire.

She took off into a full on sprint in the direction of Yellowstone.

She knew exactly where it was, we'd been there before, but I was... out of commission.

She growled, shaking her head as she heard my thoughts, pushing herself harder. The forest floor was flying past.

We're going to be in Yellowstone in no time, she told herself.

I started to wonder when they would notice I was gone. How would they react? Would they even try to find me? I was wrapped up in my thoughts, she didn't like it.

She growled and snapped at the air in front of us, pulling me from my thoughts.

We had to be a few miles from New York.

The terrain had changed slightly and I could hear cars from the highway nearby.