24

Sunlight peaked through the windows, I knew it was morning.

I got up still in the clothes Tony brought for me and went to my living room.

"JARVIS?"

A moment later, "Yes Miss Brooks?" Sounded from the ceiling.

"Where is Bucky?"

I felt Nico slithering up my leg.

"In the infirmary miss, would you like me to alert him you're coming?" JARVIS answered.

I felt a writhing ball of guilt weigh down in my gut. I bent down and picked up Nico, "No it's fine,".

I moved to the couch and placed Nico on the back of it.

I walked into the elevator, JARVIS took the liberty of taking me to the floor Bucky was on.

The doors opened and there was a long hallway, "He's in room twenty-three Miss Brooks," JARVIS informed me.

I started heading down the hall and stopped in front of the room with a metal plate reading '23'.

I was about to knock, but the door opened, revealing Steve.

He looked down at me before he closed the door behind him. He crossed his arms and looked at me expectantly. "Why are you here?" He asked me, a disapproving glare on his face.

"To see Bucky," I told him quietly, looking down at the floor.

"I think you've done enough," he told me, his voice was cold.

I flinched, but he didn't see it. The tone he was using hurt, the ball felt heavier.

"Steve! Stop throwing a bitch fit and let her in," I heard Bucky yell from in his room.

Steve muttered something under his breath, but opened the door nonetheless.

Bucky was sitting up, his back propped up against pillows, he didn't have his arm, which I felt bad about, and he looked exhausted.

Bucky looked at Steve, "I want to talk to her privately," he emphasized privately.

Steve opened his mouth to protest, but Bucky cut him off, "Steve go throw a bitch fit on someone else and not a seventeen year old girl,".

Steve closed his mouth and started to look a little guilty as he left the room.

Bucky yelled after him, "And I expect you to apologize later Steven!"

Down the hall you could hear Steve yell back a 'whatever'.

Bucky looked at me. He noticed that my head was still bowed, as I was stared at the floor.

"Come here," he told me softly.

I stepped forward, preparing myself for some sort of angry reaction or something. I wasn't prepared for Bucky to reach out and wrap his arm around my back and yank me towards him in a hug.

A repeat of last night happened as I started to cry again, wrapping my arms around his torso. "I'm sorry," I repetitively whimpered those two words.

He shushed me before pulling me onto the bed with him.

I curled into his side, not releasing my grip on his torso as I, once again, cried myself to sleep beside Bucky.