14

After he'd given me a tour of the two bathroom, two bedroom apartment (it even had its own laundry room and a spare room that I decided would be Nico's).

I set Nico down on the couch.

He made himself right at home in the corner of the couch.

Bruce was till there so I asked, "Could you take me to the petstore? I need to buy Nico some things and after that could we head to a dollar store or something?"

He nodded and said, "I'll pay for whatever you get, Tony gave everyone credit cards."

Bruce grabbed some car keys and I grabbed Nico, who was displeased to be removed from his comfortable spot on the couch, and we went to a car we were borrowing from Tony.

After a few minutes of diving, Bruce looked over at me, causing me to look at him, "How did you get Nico?"

I looked over at him and saw his focus on the busy road, "Someone released him in the park because he was too big I guess. I found him and he's stuck with me ever since,".

Bruce nodded in thought and pulled into the parking lot of a nearby Petco.

He turned off the car and we both opened our doors, stepping out.

We walked into the store and Bruce trailed behind me as I grabbed a buggy.

We walked into the aisle with all the reptile supplies and such, with Nico still around my arm.

I grabbed a few large adjustable heat lamps with a few white heat bulbs and some chipped bedding.

Bruce watched on and eventually wandered off to the small mammals section.

When I finished grabbing what Nico needed, I went to the cat section and grabbed a litter-box that came with a free scooper.

I decided I had what I need and started my search for Bruce.

I eventually found him, looking at kittens that were being adopted.

He looked up when he heard the squeaking from the buggy tires, "You finished here?" He asked.

I shook my head, "Almost, I need to buy food for Nico but I need an adult to buy it. I'll meet you at the register,".

He nodded and got onto his feet, walking off to go find an employee.

I went in line at the register, noticing how everyone made sure to steer clear of me, well Nico, but still.

I waited in line and was met up with Bruce as soon as it was my turn. I put everything on the counter and the woman started scanning everything.

Bruce confusedly asked, "You have a cat?"

I shook my head and pet Nico's jaw, "Then why did you grab a litter-box?"

I shrugged, "Reasons," he paid with a credit card and helped me grab the bags.

When we got back to the car, Bruce started it back up, "Now where to?"

I thought for a moment, "Either a dollar store or Walmart,".

He turned on the radio, "Walmart it is," before driving off to the nearest Walmart.