34

His lips were pressed gently against mine.

The moment I felt my knees slowly trembling, mabilis akong napahawak sa balikat niya the same time he pulled back. He stared at me bago saglit na pumikit ng mariin.

I moved away from him and stepped back. But he held me closer to him by putting his arm around my waist. Because I didn't expect his action, I lost my balance and that resulted to my face to stumble against his hard chest.

The scent of his perfume didn't escape my nostrils. Judging the smell of it, I know it is something you don't see just anywhere. I must say it is expensive. I felt my cheeks heat up upon realizing what I was doing.

I bit the inside of my cheek and felt him tighten his embrace. Hindi ako gumagalaw sa pwesto ko. He was hugging me but I was simply frozen here.

We were silent for a second. Walang umiimik. It was only our breathing that you could hear. He held out a deep breath while I restrained myself from moving even an inch.

What the hell am I doing? What is he doing?

I was about the push him, but didn't, because I was startled when I heard him humming.

Wake me up now, and tell me this is all a bad dream.

All the songs that I wrote, all the wrongs that I hoped would erase from your memory..

No. He was silently singing against my ears. And truth be told, his voice is appealing.

Holding onto a broken and empty heart,

He paused and he took a deep breath, again. It was like as if he was having a hard time continuing the next words.

Flowers I should've bought, all the hours I lost.. Wish I could bring it back to the start.

His voice faded on the last words.

He removed his arms around me at naglakad palayo. Napasandal ako sa dingding habang nakatulala.

Cole kissed me. He hugged me. And, did he just sing a song?

Napatalikod ako bigla. I placed my right palm on the wall in front me. What the heck did just happened?

"By the way, I voted for you." Napatingin ako sa nakatalikod niyang pigura. He waved his left hand bago muling inilagay ito sa bulsa niya.

Why do I always found myself staring at his back before I could even utter a single word?

And wait. Voted? He voted for me?

I absentmindedly touched my lips. I could still feel his soft lips against mine. I clenched my fists.