36

After that conversation, after telling me those words, I never got the chance to utter a single word because he turned his back on me.

So, I went out of that room only to find Cliff leaning on the wall and it seems like he was absorbed by his own thoughts.

"Thinking of her?" I asked him. Tumayo ako sa gilid ng kinatatayuan niya. Lumingon naman siya sa akin bago pilit na ngumiti.

Now that I saw him up close, I couldn't help it but notice how he was greatly affected by Steff's disappearance. He looked fine on the outside but by just merely looking at his eyes, I must say he could be the best definition of fucked up.

"Aalis na ba tayo?" He asked instead, and ignored my previous question.

I nodded in response just as the door in front of us opened revealing Van. Hindi na ko lumingon pa at nauna ng maglakad palabas habang nakasunod lamang sila sa akin. They were tailing me a few meters back.

Then suddenly, the scene earlier replayed inside my head.

"Ikaw ang problema ko, princess."

My face was plastered with its usual blank stare. I remained standing in front of him, not saying anything.

"Why are you doing this to me?" He questioned while looking directly at me.

"Hindi ko kayang magalit sayo dahil wala akong karapan." He seemed frustrated like he wants to say something but he was holding himself back.

"I couldn't stop thinking of you," His voice was etched with obvious seriousness. "and those two bastards." He continued. I noticed how his fists were unconsciously clenched while saying that.

Nagbuntong hininga ito at tumingin ng diretso sa mata ko. This time, his dark aura started to fade but the sincerity was still on his face.

"I could pretend that I didn't see anything," He said. His face suddenly surfacing his usual smile. The one who could make other girls' knees trembling.

"I could pretend that what I saw didn't happen. But, remember this," He walked near me and held up my chin with his forefinger.

He smiled at me with those alluring grey eyes of him and muttered this words through thin air.

"I still like you, no matter what."

I felt dumb for a moment, and mentally cussed at the back of my mind. It was always because of those gorgeous grey eyes that I would always caught myself staring at.

He stepped back while staring at me.