12

It was aiming for Van.

I closed my eyes. I started thinking of things. Who is he? Why is he doing this? Sandali akong natigilan. Could it be... them?

No. Impossible.

I opened my eyes and focused my eyes on the man who was holding the gun. It was dark yet I could still see the right side of his face. He has a mole just above his thick dark eyebrows. Naliliwanagan ito ng buwan. He was looking intently at Van while the gun was pointed at him. I knew that he didn't know that I was watching him and I could see his every move.

Ang pagkurap ng mata niya. Ang paglunok niya. Ang panginginig ng kamay niya. Ang dahan-dahang paghinga niya ng malalim. Ang paggalaw ng buhok niya ng sandaling tamaan ito ng hangin.

I narrowed my eyes on him and saw the slight movement of the man. He gently pulled the trigger. The bullet came out freely off the gun.

It doesn't have a sound.

Silencer.

I thought.

Everything seemed to slow down, as I stared at it. Even the leaves that was about to touch the ground moved slowly. I could clearly see the bullet nearly coming towards us.

Hindi tumigil ang paligid. It was just me, and my eyes. Nakikita ko ito ng malinaw.

Without thinking of any other way, I moved in haste and went towards Van and hugged him tightly. Kung ako ang nasa kalagayan ng lalaking may hawak ng baril, and I was at the same distance, lalabas na it was really my intention. I rested my head on Van's chest to make the act more convincing. Alam kong hindi ito agad mapapansin ng lalaki. I felt his body stiffen. I tightened my embrace.

Kung hindi ko ito gagawin, matatamaan ka. 5 seconds. I estimated the time ng makita ko ang bala.

I was calm on the outside but my heart was beating fast..

Mabilis kong itinulak ang sarili namin patagilid using my arms. He was too heavy for my weight that I knew we would be lying on the ground after this.

I looked at the bullet as it dashed on our side. Mabilis kong inalis ang pagkakayakap ko sa kanya at kumapit na coat niya bago kami tuluyang matumba sa sahig.

In a blink of an eye, everything moved back into its normal pace. Leaves swayed as it gently touched the ground. Hindi bumagal ang paligid, tulad ng sabi ko, it was just me, and my eyes..

Just what I thought. Tama ako. We both stumbled on the ground, and now lying in a really awkward position. "Whoa! Easy there princess." He was lying his back on the ground while I was on top of him. "Argh." I said. Napatuon ang siko ko sa sahig. Ang isa kong kamay ay nakahawak sa coat niya. Ramdam ko rin na nagkaroon ako ng galos sa tuhod.Ugh. Hindi ko natantya ang lakas dahil sa pesteng suot kong ito sa paa. Ang hirap gumalaw wearing this demon pumps. Bwisit

I looked up only to see his smiling face staring at me like an idiot. Bigla akong kinabahan..

A-Ang gwapo niya.

Ang bango rin niya.

I blinked twice.

Teka. Ano ba 'tong pinagsasasabi ko? Lalo kong naramdaman ang pagbilis ng tibok ng puso ko. What the heck is happening to me?!

I avoided his stare and my face ended up facing his chest. It was embarrassing!

"Princess, I didn't know you had a thing on me." I heard him chuckled.