9

Elizabeth sat on Allison's bed and watched as her sister gathered her things for school when Kate knocked on the door, walking in a second later.

"Hey, so you know I feel really terrible about my behavior the other night." She said.
Elizabeth rolled her eyes.
"Oh, totally forgotten." She replied.
"Not forgotten by me."
"You were just being protective."

"That's a funny way of showing it." Elizabeth said, standing up. She draped her bag over her shoulder, and walked out of the room.

"She's never going to stop hating me." Kate said.
"Just give her time."
"It's been three years." She said.

"But, I'm giving you your birthday present early." She said, placing a small box into Allison's hands.
Allison gasped as she looked at the necklace.
"It's a family heirloom, you know me and hate all sentimental crap, but that, look at the symbol in the middle of the pendant, you ever wanna learn something about your family, look that up."

Allison smiled. "You're going to make me work for it."
"Some mysteries are worth the effort." Kate replied, placing the pendant around her neck.

During Elizabeth's free period, she drove to Derek's. Parking her car on the street, she walked through the woods; ignoring all of the scrapes and scratches branches and twigs left on her ankles.

"Derek?" She asked, knocking on the door.
When she knocked, it opened slightly. She peeked her head in, hearing music play.

She stepped inside, and wanted to let her jaw fall open as she saw Derek, doing push ups.
His shirtless torso caught her attention as his muscles moved with his body, and she could feel herself growing tingly.

He stood to his feet and turned to look at her.
"I-I knocked."
"I heard." He said.
She bit her lip as he looked at her. "Have you found anything else out?" Elizabeth asked.
"Now, don't you think Scott would've told you if we found anything else?" He asked, seeming quite satisfied as he wiped his forehead.

Elizabeth's face felt hot. "I wanted to ask you - I haven't seen Scott or Allison all day."
"He's a big boy," He said. "And no, I haven't found anything else out."

Elizabeth was about to answer when the music was cut off, and Derek paused.

He grabbed Elizabeth's arm, and shoved her towards a closet. "Shut up and stay inside."
"Derek!" She hissed, being cut off as he shut the door.

The front door was kicked in as Derek disappeared, leaving Elizabeth to listen to the sounds of multiple footsteps.

"If you want to provoke him, say something like; 'too bad your sister did it before she had a litter. Or, how she howled like a bitch when we cut her in half!"

Elizabeth's heart raced inside of her chest at the sound of Kate's voice, and she jumped as a loud snarl erupted through the first floor. She placed her hand over her mouth as she peeked through the small shingles.

She watched as one of the men's bodies were thrown into the wall, and he fell to the floor.

Kate pulled out an electrocuting stick as he neared her, and he charged. Elizabeth almost screamed as she jammed it into his skin, sending Derek to the floor, shaking.

Elizabeth wanted to walk out of the closet as she circled him, watching him struggle to breathe and to stand. She felt tears in her eyes and she wiped them away quickly with the sleeve of her shirt.
She squeezed her eyes shut as he leaped at her, only to get shocked again.

Kate's laugh rang in her ears, causing her to cringe. "Nine hundred thousand volts, you never were good with electricity, were you? Or fire... Which is why I'm going to let you in on a little secret. And maybe we can help each other out."
"Yes, your sister was severed into pieces and used as bait to try to catch you. Unpleasant, and frankly, too Texas Chainsaw Massacre for my type. But quite true. Now, here's the part that may really kick you in the balls. We didn't kill her."

As Derek stared at her, Elizabeth was trying to grasp the fact that his sister was killed.
"You think I'm lying?" Kate asked.
"Wouldn't be the first time." He breathed.
"Oh, sweetie. Why don't you just listen to my heart and tell me if I'm lying?" She asked, crouching down before him.

"We. Didn't. Kill. Your. Sister."

Derek stayed silent.

She stood to her feet, walking away. "We found bite marks on your sisters body, Derek. What do you think did that? A Mountain Lion?" She laughed. "The Alpha killed your sister. And all you have to do is tell me where he is, and we'll take care of it for you - problem solved."

Derek began to breathe normally, still not moving.

"Unless, you don't know who he is either."
"Wow, you just became totally useless."

Derek shot up, and ran as she turned around, shooting at the wooden walls and floors. Elizabeth held her hands over her ears as she closed her eyes, reopening them as hands grabbed hers, yanking her to her feet, and running.

They ran through the woods as the sound of bullets flared through the echoing air, and Derek didn't say a thing.

Gif is Derek because everyone deserves a shirtless gif of Tyler because jesus