12

Derek stepped inside of the room where Elizabeth stood frozen in the doorway, seeing the male figure sitting still in a wheelchair. Derek knelt before him as Elizabeth rubbed her arm nervously.

As Derek turned his wheelchair to face him, Elizabeth swallowed as the burns on one side of his face were visible to her eyes.

"Kind of need your help." Derek told him.
"If you can hear me, I need you to give me a sign. Blink, raise a finger - anything. Just someone to point me in the right direction, okay?"

Derek looked down at his hands. "Someone killed Laura. Your niece, Laura. Whoever he is, he's an Alpha now. But he's one without a pack; which means he's not as strong. I can take him."

Elizabeth picked at her lip, wondering if Derek would get a reaction from Peter. "But I have to find him first. If you know something, give me a sign. Is it one of us? Someone else make it out of the fire?"

"Just give me anything." He said, nearing him. "Blink, raise a finger anything!"

Elizabeth jumped as Derek gripped the sides of his wheelchair. "Say something!"
"Derek!" Elizabeth hissed.
She moved out of the way as a female appeared. "Let him go! You think after six years of this, yelling at him is going to get a response?"
"Got a better method?" Derek asked as Elizabeth stepped towards him.
"He'll respond if you give him the time."

Derek looked back at his uncle, and Elizabeth lifted her shaking hand, wrapping it around Derek's arm. She could feel how tense he was under her touch, but he relaxed his muscles.
"I don't have any more time."

He pulled Elizabeth with him, storming out of the room.

And as they left, Peter's finger moved weakly.

As they reached outside, Elizabeth followed. "So he was in the fire?"
Derek just nodded as they got to the car.

Derek stopped, lifting a white paper from his windshield.

"What is it?" She asked as he looked around.
He didn't answer as he got into the car, and she followed, watching as he pulled sharply out of the parking lot.

Derek pulled into the Animal Clinic, and he looked at Elizabeth.
"What are you doing?" She asked.
"Stay in the car."
"Derek!"
"Stay in the car, Elizabeth." He snapped, his voice deeper than usual. She inhaled as he got out, shutting the door behind him.

She hugged her knees to her chest as he walked inside.

"Can I help you?" Deaton asked.
"I hope so." Derek answered. "I want to know about the animal you found with a spiral on its side?"
"Excuse me? What animal?" Deaton asked.
"Three months ago, the deer." he said, unfolding the paper. "You remember this?"
"Oh, yes. the deer. I didn't find it, they called me to see if I ever seen anything like it."
"What'd you tell them?"

"I told them no." He answered.

Derek stepped closer. "Did you hear that?"
"Hear what?" Deaton asked, moving away as Derek tried to near him.
"The sound of your heart beat rising."
"Excuse me?"
"The sound of you lying." Derek snapped.

Deaton gasped as Derek grabbed him, pulling him over the medical table.

When Deaton woke up, He noticed two blurred figures.

"This is stupid, Derek. He's a Veterinarian! A female voice hissed.
"Are you protecting someone?" Derek asked, ignoring Elizabeth's ranting.
"The key to the drug locker is - "
"I don't want your drugs." Derek said, grabbing his shoulder. "I want to know why you're lying."
"I don't know what you're talking about."

Elizabeth's eyes widened as Derek spun him around, lifting the chair off of the ground. "What do you want?" Deaton asked.
"I want to know who you are and who you're protecting!"

"What are you doing!" Scott yelled, running inside.
"Scott! Get out of here!"

"Derek!" Elizabeth yelled as he punched Deaton. "Look, when he's conscious he can keep himself from healing but when he's unconscious he can't!"
"Are you out of your mind? What are you talking about?"
"You want to know what the spiral means, Scott? It's our sign for vendetta, for revenge. It means he won't stop killing until he's satisfied!"

"You think he's the Alpha?" Scott asked.
"We're going to find out."

As Derek swung to punch Deaton again, Scott's now clawed hand grabbed his.
Elizabeth backed up as Derek did faintly.

Scott examined his hands until he was normal. "Hit him again, and you'll see me get angry."

Elizabeth sat in front of Deaton as Scott cleaned his jaw. "Are you alright? How is your vision?"
"I'm fine." He answered.
Derek stepped towards Scott. "You have a plan?"
"Just give me an hour."
"Then what?"
"Meet me at the school, the parking lot."

Elizabeth stood to her feet, and felt her body's temperature rise as Derek's hand met her waist, pushing her outside.