23

- unedited

Scott walked to his locker after his shower as the team cleared out.

"By the way, McCall." Danny said. "Apology accepted."
"I didn't apologize."
"Every time you got the ball tonight you passed it to me."

Scott chuckled. "Every time I passed the ball to you, you scored."
Danny grinned as he slung his bag over his shoulder. "Apology accepted."

As Scott picked up one of his sprays, the lights went out.

"Danny?" Scott asked.
Flicking the light on, it didn't come on.

He watched as a ball rolled across the floor, hitting the sides of the lockers.
Turning the corner after picking the ball up, he gasped of relief as Derek stood there.

"Thank god where have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?"
Peter stepped out behind Scott, holding a Lacrosse stick.
"I really don't get Lacrosse." He said.
"It's you."

"When I was in High-School, we played Basketball. There's a real sport."
"I have my own conflict to resolve, Scott." He said as he set the stick down. "But I need your help to do it."

"I'm not helping you kill people."
"Well I don't want to kill all of them." He said. "Just the responsible ones. And that doesn't have to include..."

Looking at Derek, he finished. "Allison."
Scott turned to Derek. "You're on his side?"
"Are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister!?"
"It was a mistake." He said.
"What?" Scott shouted.
"It happens."

"Scott, I think you're getting the wrong impression of us. We really just want to help you reach your full potential."
"By killing my friends?"
"Sometimes the people closest to you are the ones holding you back the most."
"They're holding me back from becoming a psychotic nutjob like you. I'm okay with that."

Peter stepped forward, looking at his nails. "Maybe, you can try to see things from my perspective."

Peter claws injected into the back of Scott's neck, and he gasped, falling to the floor as Derek watched.

Images flashed before Scott's eyes of Peter's past, from men pouring gasoline on the house, to watching it burn as if he was there. Watching Peter's face bandaged, and he watched the red spiral appear around where the girl was buried.

Coming back, he gasped.

Derek stopped as Jackson turned to him. "This is it? This is the place?"
Derek nodded. "Go ahead."
"Is it safe? I don't want rafters falling on my head."
He nodded, saying again: "Go ahead."

Jackson walked up the porch, and stopped, looking back.
"What's in there?"
"Everything you want." He answered.
Jackson swallowed before reaching out for the door handle, twisting it open.

He jumped as Derek placed his hand on his shoulder. "It's going to be alright. Trust me."

Jackson's eyes wandered as Derek closed the door. "This house... It's the same h-house."
"What'd you say?"
"I've dreamt about this place. I-I remember the stair case, I remember these walls I remember everything.."
"You've been here?"
"No, never, I dreamt it."

Derek stared at him as he breathed. "There's no one else here."
He shook his head.
"And no one else is coming?"
Derek shook his head, extending his claws.

Jackson fell onto the stairs. "Please, don't okay, I'll shut up I'll never say another word. I'll leave Scott alone - PLEASE you can't do this!" He said, tears falling down his face.

"Please... I don't.. deserve it."
"Think you do."
"No."
"Look around you!" Derek yelled. "Wouldn't there be someone here to try and save you? There's no one here! There's a reason. No one cares that you drive an expensive car, no one cares that you have perfect hair, and no one cares that you're captain of the Lacrosse team."

"Excuse me. Co-Captain."

Derek looked at the top of the stairs to see Scott, and Elizabeth stood at his side with her gun in her hand if needed.
He jumped down, landing in front of Jackson, and Jackson gasped as Elizabeth stood before him.

Derek snarled at Scott. "Move."
"No."
"Fine." He said. "I'll kill you too."

A screech caught Derek's attention. "Cover your eyes!"

A bright light exploded through the room, and Elizabeth could feel hands grabbing her waist protectively. Guns fired as Derek crawled towards the wall, pushing Elizabeth towards Jackson across from him.

Jackson draped himself over her as bullets hit the floor around them, and she screamed.

Scott fell into the wall, and Derek stood. He ducked down as he grabbed ahold of him. "Scott, go!"
"Run!"
He pushed Scott towards the exit way in the back, and Scott ran for it as he held his hand to his wounds.

As Derek's eyes met Elizabeth's, she focused on this face that hadn't seen before directly.
He turned away, and opened the door. And he let out a loud roaring growl.

Elizabeth watched in horror as a bullet ripped through his torso, causing him to fall to his knees.
"DEREK!" She screamed, trying to get out of Jackson's grasp. She yanked away and held her gun up, only to be pulled back again by Jackson as a group of men carried Derek away.

Kate guided Allison down in the tunnels "What is this place?"
"Lets start with the basics, you know every family has its secrets?"
Allison creased a brow.
"Ours are a little different."

She slid the door open, and Allison walked inside slowly, watching Kate. She turned on a light, and revealed a werewolf; chained to the wall, and he growled.

Kate grinned. "Isn't he beautiful?"
Allison gasped as it looked towards her, and he growled.

*howls like Scott's screech.*