53

Elizabeth ran throughout the Station for Derek as she panted for breath.

She was having an anxiety attack.
"Derek!" She yelled, feeling her chest heave as she continued to run. "Dere - "
She gasped as she ran into someone, seeing Derek in front of her. She felt tears fall down her face as he shushed her, and she ran towards him, wrapping her arms around his neck as he held her.

"I thought you were dead." She cried into his neck.
"I'm right here." He said, still holding her as he examined her face. She had blood on her face from glass, and he pressed his forehead to hers as she began to calm down.
"It's not Jackson, I-It's my father."
"What about him?"
She swallowed. "They came to kill you."

"And I'm going to."

Elizabeth gasped as Argent stood feet away, holding his pistol as Allison stood beside him.
Derek pushed Elizabeth behind him. "Dad, don't do this."
"He bit your mother."
"I did what I had to do to survive." Derek said, feeling Elizabeth wrap her injured hand around his arm.
"You're the reason she's dead." Argent said.

"This is your fault!" Elizabeth screamed, storming towards Argent. She had tears falling down her face as she continued to scream in his face, pulling herself into a break down as she hit against his chest. "She never would have died if you just lived a normal life!"

Derek pulled her away as Argent held his gun again. "What is so normal about your life, Elizabeth? You're dating a werewolf; a murderer!"
"She had the choice to live. You're the one who killed her!" She yelled, her chest aching as her heart raced.

Argent stared at Derek as he stared directly at him.
"You can't do this." Elizabeth said as Argent's hand trembled. "Please, don't kill him."

Tears fell down his face, disappearing into his beard. "I'm sorry."

As he pulled the trigger, Derek's eyes widened as Elizabeth ran forward, and in front of him.
He felt his blood run cold as Allison screamed. Argent placed a hand over his mouth as he dropped his gun.

Elizabeth fell to her knees, and Derek fell down to catch her.
"Elizabeth!" Derek said as she grew pale. "Look at me. Liz!"
She could feel Derek's hand press against the wound on her stomach, his nostrils flaring.
"No." Argent said, falling beside her. Derek snarled, but Argent surrendered as he took Elizabeth's hand.

Allison's hands trembled as she called an ambulance, and Elizabeth looked into Derek's eyes.
"I-I'm sorry." She choked out. "I'm sorry."
Derek shook his head before scooping her into his arms. "The ambulance will take too long."

Running towards Argent's vehicle, Derek climbed into the backseat as he sped away.
Elizabeth coughed roughly as Derek stroked her face.
"Don't give up on me, Argent." He told her as she stared at the car ceiling.

All she could hear was ringing as Derek kept his hand to her wound.
"Dad, she's bleeding everywhere." Allison cried as she held Elizabeth's feet in her lap.
Argent slammed on his brakes as he pulled into the hospital parking lot, and Derek lifted her again. Instead of her arms being wrapped around his neck like usual, they dangled as he ran.

"I need some help!" Derek yelled as he entered the Emergency room.
Nurses ran towards them, and Derek placed her onto a gurney.
Argent explained what happened and her information as they wheeled her towards surgery.
"Gunshot victim, nineteen year old female. Elizabeth, can you hear me?"

Elizabeth could barely nod, instead, she coughed. Derek stood there as they wheeled her off, and he turned to Argent.

He grabbed Argent's shoulders, slamming him into the wall. "You could have killed her!"
"Stop it!" Allison yelled as nurses tried to pull Derek away.

"This is your fault." He snapped, pulling away from him. He passed through the nurses, and towards the waiting room.