55

Derek stared at them continuously. "All of a sudden we started hearing all of this howling. It was unbelievable."
"There must've been a dozen of 'em."
"Maybe more."

"Yeah, or maybe only two. Do you know what the Beau Geste effect is? If they modulate their howls with a rapid shift and tone, two wolves can sound like twenty."

"Look, that doesn't matter, okay? There's another pack out there, there's got to be. We've made up our minds."

Derek looked at Boyd, and back at Erica. "We lost, Derek. It's over. We're leaving."

Derek shook his head. "No, no you're running.  And once you start, you don't stop. You'll always be running."

Erica grabbed Boyd's hand before walking away, and Derek turned back to the wooden table.

As he stood there silently, he picked up the shard of glass, and threw it behind him.

Peter caught it as the corner pressed to his throat.
"I expected a slightly warmer welcome, but I'll take it."

"Quite a situation you've gotten yourself into, Derek. I mean I'm out of commission for a few weeks and there's lizard people, geriatric psychopaths, you're cooking up werewolves out of every self esteemed deprived adolescent."
"What do you want?" Derek asked.
"I want to help, you're my nephew, you're the only relative I have left. You know there's still a lot that I can teach you."

Peter smiled as he placed his hand on Derek's shoulder. "Can we just talk?"
Derek looked at his hand. "Sure, let's talk."

Seconds later, Peter's body slammed into the staircase, falling to the floor.

"God, Allison. Get to the game before you're late and stop watching over me." Elizabeth said as Allison sat at the end of the hospital bed.
"I'm not cheering without you." She said.
"Then at least go and cheer Scott and Stiles on."

She sighed. "Fine. But if you get bored, don't blame me."
She chuckled as her sister stuck her tongue out at her, and walked out of the hospital room.

She turned to grab her phone from the nightstand, seeing if she had any missed calls or texts.

From : Scott : Jackson's here. 

Peter was thrown across the room as Derek punched him, hearing his groans.
As Peter tried to stand, Derek kicked his ribs.
"You didn't actually think I wanted to be the Alpha again do you? That wasn't my finest performance considering it ended in my death."

Derek was about to punch him again until he spoke. "Okay come on hit me! Hit me!"
"I may be the one getting beaten but you've already been beat. So go ahead, hit me."

Derek let him go and moved away. "You can't help me."

Elizabeth swung her feet over the bed, sighing as she felt the pain of the stitches. She stood to her feet slowly, and walked towards her clothes that sat on the chair, clean of blood.
She looked towards the hall before walking into the bathroom, placing a bandage over the stitches. She sucked in a painful breath and pulled her clothes on, and her shoes.

She walked out into the hallway and quickly passed by the nurses that were distracted, and outside. She sighed of relief once she noticed Allison brought her car, and she got inside of it.

She drove slowly as she tapped her fingers against the wheel, anxiety flowing through her like energy. She could feel the stitches as she shifted into a comfortable position, and pulled into Derek's house; seeing his car.

"Derek?" She asked, walking inside. She looked around the dark and empty space, her eyes focusing on who stood before her.
She blinked, backing away. "Peter?"
"So you do remember my name." He smiled.

Elizabeth gasped as her back hit something, and she turned around to see Derek. She groaned in pain and pressed a hand to her stomach.
"Why the hell aren't you in the hospital?" Derek asked, grabbing her waist as she wobbled.
"Because something's happening." She said. "It's my father, him and Allison are keeping something from me.. And Gerard told Scott that he wants you and your pack."

Derek looked at Peter, whose brows furrowed.
"How the hell is he alive?" She asked.
"Because Lydia resurrected him by ways I don't know." He answered. "You shouldn't be here."

"I'm not leaving until I figure out what's going on."
"She's very likable and feisty, Derek... No wonder you love her."
Elizabeth smirked at Peter's remark as Derek glared at him. She bit her lip as his eyes lowered to hers.

"So what's our plan?"