Hail Hydra (Rogers x reader)

Okay, so this is a dream that I had a few nights ago, and I had to write it down. Where the story stops is where I woke up. I'm NOT going to continue the story at all, because #SayNoToHydraCap, remember?  I'm NOT a fan of this idea but I hate having it in my head, so I'm sorry.

When your eyes shot open from your restless sleep that had been halted by the worst nightmare you had ever experienced, you rolled over to look at the sleeping super soldier at your side and immediately froze in place. "Oh my god," you whispered to yourself, completely in disbelief that your mind would take you to such a terrible place, but it felt so real that you couldn't shake the terror that was gripping you.

"Hey," Steve mumbled as woke at the sound of your voice, bolting upright to startled alertness at the sight of you. "Woah, (Y/N), what's wrong?" he asked nervously, reaching out for your arm but stopping at your recoil.

"Don't touch me."

"(Y/N), what happened?" he asked, trying again to reach out but getting the same result.

"I said don't touch me," you snapped, bringing your arms tightly in and pushing yourself out of bed. "Just stay away."

Steve sat perfectly still with his hands up in his defense, trying to gain your trust that he wouldn't go against your wishes, completely taken aback by the panic he was seeing in you. Your body was still shaking in fear and your eyes filled with tears as you stared at him, as if you were a frightened animal waiting for him to pounce. He didn't know what you could have seen in your nightmare to terrify you this much, but he was too afraid to ask.

"(Y/N), you're okay," he whispered gently, "try to calm down. It was just a nightmare."

"No...no it felt too real..." you replied firmly with a shake of your head and backing away towards the door. "But it can't be...you would never..."

"I would never what?" His voice deepened and sounded colder, but you weren't sure if it was real or if your mind was still trying to torture you. "(Y/N)? What do you think I did?"

"Hail...Hydra?"

Steve's spine stiffened and his jaw clenched tightly as he threw the blanket aside, standing quickly and crossing the room before you could get to the door. "(Y/N), listen to me," he commanded, taking your arms in his hands and pushing you firmly against the wall. You tried to look away but he reached up and took your chin in his hand and tipped it up to force you to see his face. "It's not what you think. It's not like that."

"Oh, God, I'm gonna throw up," you mumbled, yanking your chin from his grasp. "This can't be happening. I'm married to a fucking Nazi." You wiggled your way free and bent forward, trying desperately to catch your breath and get control of your nerves, but to no result. "Steve..."

"(Y/N), I swear, there's so much more going on here than you realize."

"That doesn't make me feel better!" you panted, the waves of nausea only growing stronger. "We aren't supposed to have secrets from each other, and you just decide to use the mother of all lies as your opening act?"

Steve took a step back, his hands clenching into fits at his sides and his expression full of both anger and remorse that you had found out this way. It was a deep-seeded secret that he had held for so many years, and he wanted to tell you eventually, but he knew that this would be the reaction he would get. He knew that this would push you away for good, but now he didn't know how he would stop you from telling everyone else. "You're on the wrong side, (Y/N). I couldn't tell you."

"I'm on the wrong side?" you hissed, standing and slamming your fists against his chest, "I'm on the wrong side?! You're Hydra, Steve! Do you even realize what this means?"

"Yes," he pushed forward again, thrusting his hand over your mouth and wrapping his other arm tightly around you to catch your fall when your body finally gave in. "That you need to be kept quiet."