Chapter 10 - Milkduds and Popcorn

The rest of the day with Jesse was next to impossible. He forced me to clean the men's bathroom, which was horrendous and I can't believe boys can even breathe in there. While I was mopping the floor, Jesse decided to pull a small prank where a fake spider was hiding underneath the soap dish. Needless to say, I screamed, I slipped and my arm went inside the toilet while the rest of my body twisted in an unnatural manner onto the ground. 

I was pissed.

I flung my arm a few times trying to get the disgusting sewer smelling toilet water off of me. Drenched, I stepped out of the bathroom to find Jesse waiting for me, camera in hand.

"Say cheese!" He snapped a pic. 

"That's it!" I threw the mop at him and barely missed his head. I slipped walking out of the bathroom, my flip flops not getting a grip on the concrete floor. I passed him and grabbed my purse and keys to leave.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," he jogged over to me and stepped in front of the door. "Where do you think you're going? It's not six."

I stepped up to him, fuming. "You have been inappropriate with me all day, called me Yeti, slapped my ass more times than I count, and you made me fall into your disgusting toilet," I grit my teeth, ready to smack him. "Move," I demanded.

"You're cute when you're angry," he laughed. The anger inside of me building like never before. "Like an angry kitten." He flicked me on the end of my nose.

I shoved him aside and shoved the door open. People who were walking outside gasped and stepped away from me. I saw a little kid cover his nose and ask his mom about the smell. Pissed, I pushed through the crowd of people and began heading home.

I got home and immediately stripped my clothes off and jumped into the shower. I stood in the hot water, hoping to wash away this awful day. After I got out I had several texts from Lissa, asking if I wanted to go to the movies tonight. 

Holding onto my towel, I peeked my head out of my room to listen for Mom and Jared. I didn't hear anyone in the house so I took that as a sign that I could go without worrying about them. I quickly texted her yes and hurried into my closet to find a cute outfit. 

Adam is excited to see you ;) 

I rolled my eyes at her text, but my heart skipped a bit. I reached for a cute maxi dress that fit really well to my body, but in a classy way. I quickly dried my hair and let it wave naturally. I stared in the mirror and decided for a natural look, my normal. I felt like the dress was a step up in itself.

When I flipped the light off in my room, I headed downstairs, nearly tripping over Dusty chasing after me. He always thought my purse was a toy. 

"Give it back Dusty," I warned. He had a hold of the fringe hanging off of my purse. We played tug-o-war for a moment before he finally let go of it. I shut the door with him giving me his sad eyes. I frowned and waved at him.

When I got to the theatre, I didn't see Lissa's car anywhere. I always hated being the first anywhere. I never handled it in a smooth manner and almost always embarrassed myself.

I saw her car pull in and she parked right next to me.

I got out and walked to her door. My heart was pounding at the anticipation of seeing him.

"Are they meeting us inside?" I asked.

She gave me a once over and smirked.

"Nice dress," she winked. 

"Shut up, now where is Demi and everyone else?" I crossed my arms, wishing I would have worn something more low-key. Lissa was wearing a simple romper and her hair was in a bun. It isn't often she is wearing something more casual than me.