Chapter 53 - Glorified Creeper

"This might be the worst idea you've ever had," I grumbled in the back seat of Lissa's car.

"I can't believe we are even listening to you," Demi added from the passenger seat.

Lissa scoffed before turning the wheel to the left, making a sharp turn and causing us to slide in our seats.

"Maybe Jesse was right, it's probably nothing," I offered as she parked her car in the parking lot of Rockport Grill. She placed the car in park, turning in her seat to give me her best shocked expression.

"Did you just admit he was right? Are you okay?"

I rolled my eyes and opened the car door. "Let's go be a glorified creeper."

"You'll thank me when we find out what the hell is wrong with this chick," she replied, stepping out of her car, Demi following close behind.

"I have a bad feeling about this..." Demi murmured.

"Same," I whispered back to her.

....................................

Jesse stepped inside with Jared in tow. His hazel eyes spotted mine and his mouth turned down at the corners.

"How many times will we have to pick you guys up from here?" he sighed.

"Probably not as many as we've picked you two up from here," Lissa shot back. She was laying on the metal bench, bobbing her foot up and down with her arms crossed. She sat up and sighed.

"Mom is gonna kill you," Jared smirked as they walked up to the booking officer.

"Alright, they didn't press any charges so they are free to go now that you're here," the officer grunted. Ugh, he was a walking talking stereotype for the police force.

"You know Joe," Lissa snapped as he unlocked the cell. "I'm going to remember this the next time you come see us."

"Now Elizabeth," he began.

"No, nope, I am appalled you believed her over us," Lissa shook her head and stepped past him with Demi and I behind her. She was referring to Olivia of course, because who else would have us put in jail for the night?

"You were in all black, the odds were not in your favor miss," the officer defended himself.

Lissa swung around and Demi sighed.

Lissa perched her hands on her hips. "Wow, that is so discrimination--"

"No, it's not," Demi interrupted.

"Whatever," Lissa shook her head. "Where were our rights? A girl can't sneak up on another girl anymore these days?"

"You poured an entire margarita pitcher over her head and keyed her car," the officer replied in a flat tone.

"That could have been anyone!" Lissa screeched.

"Oh God, make her stop," Demi groaned and collapsed into Jared's arms.

Meanwhile, I was hugging myself to not only keep myself warm, but to do everything in my power to avoid looking at Jesse.

He cleared his throat, willing me to look at him. I glanced up with a sheepish grin. He was shaking his head, but I was surprised to see a smirk resting on his lips.

"Who keyed her car?" he murmured down to me.

I rolled my eyes. "Who do you think?"

He laughed. "Remind me to thank that girl someday."