Chapter 27 - Are You On Tinder?

Hey y'all, thanks again for reading. It still blows me away that you guys fall in love with Alice and the gang just as much as I do!

Check out the banner above by AAngel0903 ❤️ thanks for that girl!

Please vote and comment, I truly love hearing feedback from you guys. Have a great day!

-Hayley

I leaned against the crappy van, bumping my head against it repeatedly to really drive home my point that he was taking ridiculously long. After two long hours on the road with Jesse, the high school was a breath of fresh air. After figuring out the payment and paperwork with the principal we came back out here.

I groaned dramatically.

"Let's gooooo," I whined while he was doing something on his phone.

"Get in the van if you're going to be such a big baby," he murmured while swiping his thumb up on his phone.

"I swear if you are using tinder right now, I'll steal the keys and leave your ass," I grumbled.

He snorted and looked up to smirk at me.

"Aww, Dess, you jealous?"

I rolled my eyes. "As if," I muttered under my breath.

I turned around to face him and fell back to lean my back against the van. I crashed into it loudly, earning a glance from Jesse.

He went back to whatever it was he was doing on his phone.

"If you dent it, you fix it," he murmured.

I narrowed my eyes and raised an eyebrow. I pushed off of the van and turned around to look at it.

"How would you tell? This thing has more bumps than cottage cheese," I grumble and crossed my arms.

I heard him laugh, but he still didn't look up. I sighed and looked up momentarily.

Why me?

I took the few steps that separated us to peak over his shoulder and see what he was doing.

"Why are you looking at hotels?" My voice must have startled him because he jumped a foot away from me, his phone nearly falling out of his hands.

"Jeez, watch it!" He said and sighed. "We have to stay over night, duh."

My jaw dropped. "Umm don't you think that would have been a good little detail to mention to me? Before we left home? Before I agreed to come?"

He glanced up and sent me a stern look. "Don't forget, I am your boss. This wasn't optional."

"If this were a legitimate job, I would call HR and complain," I replied, kicking a rock toward him.

"Ah, so you're one of those," he muttered, typing swiftly on his phone.

"What's that supposed to mean? Who are those?"

He snorted. "The people who snitch? The people who get others fired because they are too whiny and immature to handle things themselves."

"Oh? And what if something were actually legit? Like say I was being sexually harassed by my boss?" My eyes gleamed with mischief as he slowly looked up, a scowl resting on his lips.

"You wish," he responded with an eyebrow raised, challenging me to keep going. I, of course, did.

"Okay, what if an employee got raped? Would they be one of those people then?" I smiled, knowing I won this round.