Chapter 38- Shark Week: Day One

Shark week, or in other words, Jesse's favorite week of the year...which means everyone else's least favorite week of the year.

I cautiously placed my hand on the door handle to the surf shack, afraid of what I might be walking into.

As I turned the knob, the squeaking of the hinges made me cringe. He will know I'm here. As it clicked open, it creaked loudly as I slowly pushed. Narrowing my eyes, I poked my head in.

It was quiet. Too quiet. I stepped into the store, closing the door behind me, waiting, keeping my eyes peeled for any kind of activity.

I took a step forward, my foot instantly hitting something.

Jumping, I yelled, "Aha!" Pointing at the object in question, knowing I figured out his plan, my finger lowered as I contemplated what I saw.

Huh. A bathing suit. With a sigh, I placed a hand to my forehead.

"I'm being paranoid," I murmured to myself and decided to quit and just head to the desk to drop off my purse and keys.

Yelping, I reached out to catch myself from whatever it was I just tripped on. Looking down I saw a white string. A booby trap. I knew it!

"Jesse! Whatever you're planning, I want no part of it!" I yelled as I backed away toward the wetsuits in order to head to the back. He has to be there.

My foot knocked into something again and hearing a click, I froze. Oh no.

"Ahh!!" I screamed as a bucket of green goo dropped on me.

"Jesse!" Wiping it out of my eyes, I stormed to the back, pealing my shirt off from my swimsuit and tossing it to the ground. It landed with a slap as I shoved the swinging door open, dripping green goo all around me.

Suddenly, Jesse's laughter filled the air. He stepped around a pile of boxes, gasping for air as he pointed at me.

"Seriously, this isn't even a good prank, it's just annoying," I growled, slinging goo off of me and toward him.

"Yet thoroughly effective," he said through his laughter. Glaring at him, I wiped a large amount of goo off of me and slung it toward him. It smacked him right in the face, his laughter immediately ceasing.

"You did not," he began.

"Oh, but I did," I smirked.

Pushing off of the boxes he took off after me, sending me slipping and sliding around the floor to get away. I ran out of the back and slid over to the green goo and slung more at him.

He slipped on a puddle of it and came sliding into me. I shrieked as he reached for me with an evil grin.

"Stop!" I yelled, throwing more goo at his face. He started laughing as he grabbed me and smeared the goo all over me.

"Jesse no!" I laughed, wiping it all over him just the same.

"Admit your defeat!"

"You are such a child!" I griped.

"Admit it!" He held me in a headlock, my head hovering over the bucket of goo.

"You wouldn't," I warned as I saw the wheels turning in his head.

"Admit it," he threatened, pushing my head closer to the bucket.

"You'll never get me to squeal," I threatened back.

He shoved me toward the bucket. I screamed, flailing for anything to smack him with.

"Okay okay! I admit it!" I surrendered.