Chapter 42- Sing With Me

"Are you sure you want another shot?" Adam quizzed me.

"Hit me," I slurred, holding my hand out for the shot of tequila...my fifth shot of tequila. I couldn't take my eyes off of them. She has her hand on his knee.

Umm, no, you actually can't touch him miss perfect.

"No Name, you're kind of scaring me, are you okay?" Adam asked, drawing my attention back to him.

He handed me the shot and I quickly took it. Setting the glass down, I stared at the hottest man I have ever seen, fighting the internal argument within my heart.

Here he is, the rockstar himself, with me. Talking to me and all I can stare at is the idiot that causes my life so much hell.

Why don't I feel anything anymore? Where did the butterflies go for him? Maybe I'm just too drunk. Yeah, let's go with that.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?" He asked, attempting to hold my attention.

I shook my head, too quickly, almost giving away the reason I'm here.

"Do you want to go talk to him then?" he said after a moment.

I froze, surprised at his question. Looking up, I saw something in his eyes, maybe indifference.

"Jesse is the last person in this world I want to talk to," I defended. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see him laughing with her.

Ugh, Lauren. What a stupid name. What kind of last name is Cheote? Chee-oh-tee. I silently giggled to myself. Sounds like, like....I thought for a moment. Cheeto!

A giggle escaped my mouth instantly. Lauren Cheeto, how embarrassing. Of course I knew how to properly pronounce her name, we all did when we were in school, but we couldn't help it.

"So why are you mad at him this time?" He asked casually as the bartender slid him a beer.

"Adam! Oh my gosh Adam, can I have your autograph?!" A girl screeched. She came out of nowhere and her shrill voice was piercing.

Adam turned on his charm as he smiled and made small talk, signing her phone case quickly. She then took a picture with him, making my drunk ass do it for her, before hugging him and skipping away.

I raised my eyebrows. "Gah, does it ever get old?"

He chuckled, taking a long swig of his beer. "Nah, well...sometimes, but I'm only here because of them so I love showing my appreciation."

I nodded, actually distracted by my hatred of cheeto. I caught myself staring at him, taking in his casual t shirt and jeans. His shoes were most likely the only expensive thing on him, but that worked for him.

"I think they might be a little big for you No Name," he smirked.

"Huh?" I wondered before registering and laughing off my confusion. "Oh, no, sorry I guess I was just...staring."

Ugh, can you say face palm?

He smiled at me and bumped my knee with his.

Nope, the butterflies are still there. Thank goodness.

I turned around to see what the other two were up to, but was met with a leveling look by Jesse. Not only did he know I was here, but he caught me red handed, staring openly at them.

I quickly looked away out of embarrassment, gah who have I become?

"You know what?" I tossed the rest of my drink back and sat it down on the bar with a sigh. "Let's go."