Alternate Ending

So, I was looking through my notes on my phone and I found the ending I had written half way through the book! I thought I would upload it for y'all :) Still Jesse, but definitely more of a rom-com ending! Was supposed to happen when she left for class and she had a realization that she liked him. 🤷🏻‍♀️ sending y'all my love!

"You get your ass back over there Alice or so help me I will come there myself and kill you," Lissa growled into the phone.

"Liss, you didn't see him, he was in a suit! And he has some leggy red head hanging on his every word," I grumbled and flopped back onto my hotel bed.

"I will not let you be defeated by some unnatural red head in heels," Lissa said, completely serious. "Do I need to get on a plane?"

"No!" I exclaimed. "I don't think she's unnatural either."

Lissa scoffed. "Please, there is only one human being on this planet with pretty red hair and its Demi."

"Thank you," Demi piped in.

"Now get off of that bed and I can't believe I'm about to say this but get back to that building and you kiss the hell out of that idiot," Lissa demanded.

"What?!" I squeaked.  "I can't kiss him!"

"Oh quit being 12, you're in love with him Alice! Be an adult and take what's yours!" Lissa said.

"I'm not in love with him!" I retorted. My heart stopped. Oh my gosh, am I?

"Please," Demi scoffed. "Who hops on a plane for no reason to go tell him you think you might like him?"

"I agree with Demi," Lissa said.

"I am not!" I defended. Lies. So many lies. "And he's not mine for the taking, this is Jesse were talking about, oh my god what was I thinking, he's going to laugh in my face."

I began hyperventilating and placed a hand over my mouth. Am I in love with that idiot? Oh my gosh I'm in love with that idiot!

"Get a grip dammit!" Lissa yelled. "That boy has liked you for years! It was so obvious it's embarrassing you never knew."

"So true," Demi added.

"You guys are just trying to make me feel better," I mutter.

"Oh my gosh!" Lissa exclaimed, making me pull the phone away from my ear. "That's it! I'm headed to JFK to get on a plane and I'll slap you myself!"

I heard her bed squeak as she got up.

"No!" I panicked. "I'm fine!"

"Alice!" Demi shrieked into the phone. "Just do it!"

"I'm not Nike!" I yelled back.

"Stop!" Lissa yelled. She huffed a breath. "This is ridiculous, grow up Alice, go take your man before some fake red head does or any other girl that tries to snatch him up!"

"You guys are supposed to stop me from doing crazy things like this! Why are you telling me to go get my ass kicked by that chic? She looked like she was going to eat me alive!" I felt my breathing quicken.

He's dating someone. I should've known. Of course he's not going to flirt harmlessly with women his entire life. He would eventually settle down.

Lissa and Demi both groaned.

"Alice," Lissa sighed. "Quit making up scenarios in your head. Jesse is the best thing to ever happen to you and we all knew it. You working with him this summer changed you. You were stronger than I've ever seen you. You sang again because of him. You played again because of him. You laughed more than I've seen you laugh in years because of him. You actually dragged us into a prank war with him because of him! We were just stupid to mistake it for Adam because it happened at the same time."