Chapter 76 - Countdown to Live Night

I tapped my pencil incessantly against the sheet of paper in front of me while I chewed the inside of my cheek.

This was ridiculous. How could I have signed up for something as prestigious as this? I was an amateur walking into a den of hungry pros. I slammed my pencil down and pressed back into the couch.

I was exhausted. I was starving and yet, I couldn't eat.

"Just a few more days, you nervous?" Brayden asked from our kitchen.

I pulled my pencil from my lips. "Understatement of the century," I murmured as I stared at the sheet of music in front of me.

"You keep erasing like that and you won't have any paper left," he joked from behind me suddenly.

I ignored him and stared at the bridge I was working on. There was something missing, I couldn't put my finger on it though. My stress level had officially heightened to a whole new level and sleep was an afterthought.

"You're going to kill it Alice," he finally said as he took a seat next to me.

"Thanks bud," I replied, tapping my pencil against the coffee table.

He cleared his throat and took a sip of his coffee.

"Do you need any help?" he offered.

I shook my head. "No, actually I—"

A knock came from our door making me stop and look up. "Speak of the devil," I sighed in relief.

Jumping off of the couch, I stood in front of the door and smoothed down my hair.

"Who is that?" Brayden asked.

I unlocked the bolt and twisted our handle, opening it to the one and only rockstar himself.

"Adam," I beamed as he had his bags slung over his shoulder, his sunglasses propped around his neck and his hair perfectly styled.

Perfect as always.

"No name," he greeted, his deep voice making me feel better almost instantly.

I stepped back to allow him in where he immediately dropped his bags and grabbed me into a bear hug.

"Thank you so much for coming," I said into his shoulder as his arms tightened around me.

He pulled back with his genuine smile resting on his lips. "Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss this for anything."

"Holy hell, aren't you—"

I laughed and pulled away from Adam to face the shocked expression on Brayden's face.

"Brayden, meet Adam Hawkins, Adam this is Brayden," I introduced them.

Adam gave a quick flick of his fingers, but grinned. "Hey man."

Brayden stared at us, his mouth hanging open.

"Brooke is going to flip the fuck out, you know that?" he finally said.

Adam glanced at me. "Your roommate?"

I nodded.

"Should be a fun weekend," Adam clapped his hands together. "Now, first item of business," he smiled down at me. "Tequila."

My eyes widened. "No way," I shook my head. "Are you insane?"

I watched his eyes as they registered the kitchen area and he made a beeline for it. Following after him, I attempted to block his reach from our liquor cabinet.