Chapter 30 - Shark!

So sorry it's been like forever since I've updated! I try to be good about these, but life happens and sometimes it's just hard, but I'm here and I'm updating :) so I hope you enjoy and I know it's short, but just wait, it's about to get intense.

Jesse gripped my elbow and yanked me backward, causing me to crash into his sunscreen lathered chest. I grimaced and rubbed away the sunscreen now on my shoulders.

"Ouch! Chill out J," I growled, whipping around to glare at him.

"What the hell Alice? You can't drop a bomb on me like that and just walk away!" He ran a hand threw his soaked hair and sighed.

"We have to go back, right now," he murmured.

Before he could turn around, I grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Oh no you don't. We have Ty and however many teenagers left out here in our care. I will not go down for you leaving them." I crossed my arms, distinctly aware of Ty getting farther and farther away from us.

Jesse stepped forward and leaned down to be in my face.

"Dess, do not test me on this. I was the one who bailed him out the last time, your mom already threatened she would leave him if it happened again!" he shrieked.

What? I stood frozen in place as I stared at Jesse glaring at me.

What the hell? I was beginning to think I had been left out of the loop for a long time when it came to my own family.

"What do you mean the last time?" I took a step forward, angrily eyeing him, tired of being left out. "How many times has Jared been arrested?" I took another step forward until I was right in front of him, glaring up into his hard eyes.

He seemed to realize he let slip a rather large detail and you could see his mind racing to find a way to back track, but there was no escaping this one. Nope. I'm done being the fragile Alice. If my family can't keep their shit together then I'm going to get it together for them.

"Jesse, you better tell me what the hell is going on," I demanded. He took a small step away from me, crossing his arms in the process.

"Um guys?" Rae called from the beach.

"Not now Rae!" I yelled back.

"Umm you guys?"

"Shut up!" Jesse roared toward the kids on the beach.

I cringed at his loud voice, a tone I had never heard before and eyed him carefully as he clenched and unclenched his jaw.

"Shark!" Someone screamed.

My head jerked up.

"What?!" I shrieked and tore my angry gaze away from Jesse to begin seeking out Ty in the deeper water.

He wasn't there. Panic began rising inside me as people on the beach were screaming his name frantically. Where was he?

"Get out of the water," Jesse murmured, roughly nudging me toward the sand.

I shoved at his hand. "No, I'm not leaving him in this!"

"I'll find him, go!" Jesse sent me a determined look before diving into the water.

My heart racing, I turned around and swam as fast as I could back to shore. Idiots. We were such idiots to take our eyes off of him, what were we thinking letting him go out there without us?

"Oh my god, Alice! What do we do?" Rae squeaked, pacing back and forth in front of our bags. She was vigorously chewing her nails at this point.

"Don't worry, we've got it," I murmured, gathering as much of the gear as I could so we could pack up and leave the area.