I want "him" back

*6 Months later*  

"Hey Lena"  

"Oh hey LuLu" I looked back at Mallory. She was smiling at me as she held my thumbs with her tiny fingers.  

Why did she have to look just like Malachi? Why does this beautiful little girl look like the man that has hurt me so much? It hurts to look into her eyes and not only be happy,but sad all over again.  

~Flashback 3 weeks ago~ 

"Where are you going?" I said pulling his arm.  

"Out to make moves, that little girl needs me out there so I can provide for her and her ungrateful ass mother" he snached away from me.  

"NO MALACHI she needs you here! Ungrateful?! Ungrateful?! You mean the same ungrateful girl who continues to put up with your shit!" I said smacking him the face.  

Malachi just stood there his face hard and his gaze deadly.  

"Then leave! You pay nothing, you do nothing and you are nothing Lena! All you were good for was getting knocked up and putting me in this shit! I don't even know if that baby is mine!" he screamed. I stepped back with tears running through my eyes, "Get out! GET THE FUCK OUT MALACHI! YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE WITH ME FINE BUT DON'T YOU EVER BRING THAT LITTLE GIRL INTO THIS! GET YOUR SHIT AND DON'T EVER COME BACK!"  

"Lena--I" he reached out but just grabbed his phone and duffle and left out the door.  

I stood there crying, I looked up and asked, "Why god is this happening to me?"  

~End Of Flashback~ 

"How are you girl? You look exhausted." she said picking up Mallory rocking her.  

I started picking up things and cleaning, "I'm fine just trying to manage everything"  

"Lena you know I love you but you look rough" she said slightly smiling.  

I looked in the mirror and she was right. I had bags under my eyes from lack of sleep, my hair was all over my head. My color was gone,I was a pale chocolate instead of my normally glowing rich mocha. I looked nothing like me, I almost reminded myself of my mother after my dad died. She worked so hard to this point, but she kept going and made a way and I'm determined to do the same.  

"Wow" I said pulling my hair back, trying to make myself look somewhat better.  

"Girl you need help, I know you don't want to hear this,but maybe you should call Mal-"  

"Don't you even say his name. He doesn't want to be a father, he doesn't even think she's his! Zulu I know your trying to be helpful but I will be damned if I let Malachi come in here and hurt her like he's hurt me!" I looked back into the mirror breathing deep.  

"Fine Lena I understand and your right,but here let me and Quan keep Mallory for the night and you take some time for yourself? You know go get a mani and pedi, a deep tissue massage. Get you some much needed sleep, you know some Lena time."  

I looked back at her, she had the hugest smile on her face.  

"I-I don't know. Its too early- she's only three months."  

Her smile deflated and she looked down to Mallory.  

"What do you say huh? You wanna come with Auntie LuLu? Do you think mommy needs a break? Huh? Yes you do? Yes you do?" Mallory giggled and so did Zulu as she kissed her little hands.  

"I think Mallory agrees with me that you need a break, come on Lena. Here you go get dressed and go out for a while. Ill stay here and watch Mallory."