Love and War (part 2)

Malachi POV:

I drove all the way to the cemetery and parked as I got to her head stone all of the past came rushing in on me like it was yesterday.

"Malachi, oh Malachi"

"Yes Rose, yes" I said staring into her brown eyes.

"I love you Malachi"

I kissed her lips, "Stay here Ill be right back baby" as I got out the car I knew I should have said I love you too,but my mouth didn't form the words.

I walked inside the apartment building and did my trade when all you heard was shots.

Bang.

Bang.

Bang, Bang, Bang.

I ran out to see my car shot up as I ran for Rose she was slumped over in her seat anf everything I had and needed I lost.

"No Rose wake up please, please wake" I cried as I held her in my arms.

I didn't speak as the paramedics came and tried to revive her I knew she wasn't coming back.

"YOU PROMISED MAL! YOU SAID SHE WAS SAFE DAMNIT!" said Luciano

I let my bro down I got his siter killed."

I slumped down at at her head stone and just let the emotiona run through me, there's things that Quan, Kev and I promised to leave behind us and this happened to be one of them.

We've seen people close to us die, but Rose's death was the first timme when we actually caused it, well I did. It was 6 years ago I just made 17 and I was living life we all were. Luciano, Quan and Kev were my men and we were rising quickly. Four young guys were out selling, while every other supplier was losing money.

I was dating Rose at that time too, she was Luciano's sister. My first if you want to call her that, and she was my escape. She was there through my moms death through my rough patch and she always made things better.

I promised Luciano that Rose would be safe with me, and I knew I was stupid to have gone to that side of town with her that night.

Grenade is what they called him, he was the wests best dealer, best lord, but I wanted him out so I was slowly taking his supply and making him lose money. That night it was Rose and I's one year anniversary and I was going to take her out and make her happy,but I got a call for one last run. Something told me to not take the run and to just go with Rose, but the money was like a bad addiction I couldn't fight.

When I got out the car, I knew I probably should have taken her with me, but it was a quick swap, but obviously not quick enough.

She got the five bullets that were meant for me and everyone knew it. Luciano couldn't look at me and their mom hated me she didn't want me around them so she shipped them off to Miami with her to start a new life,while they left us here. Our emipre was split and I was a wreck. I was mad at god for taking away the one girl that I thought understood me the best. I was angry at myself for not saying I love you when I felt it so bad and I was pissed at Grenade for taking her from me.

I wanted revenge and I got it, I got Grenade alone and left two bullets in his head. That's when no mercy Malachi came into place. I stopped giving a fuck and I stopped believing in love. I felt that every woman I ever loved got taken away and I wouldn't put my heart through that shit again. Until I saw Lena and I couldn't help,but love her and I thought for the first time I would feel happiness again, yet all I've done is hurt her.

Luciano came back for me because of Rose and Paige came back for me because of his brother,but to also fill the void of his family. I took both of his family members away the two people who knew him best are gone because of me, and now he was taking the two people I loved most away from me.