We Have Found Love

“I used to think love would never happen, I used to think that love would crush me like it did all the others and yes this journey hasn’t been the best. I’ve seen a lot along this trip and it does not only strengthen me to know that she is where I need to be. I prayed to god for so long and I asked him to show me the light and he showed me her. “

“I just wanted to hold him and never let go and never be without his warmth or smile. The same raspy laugh that makes me laugh is what makes me feel so safe, the same snore that leaves me annoyed I was missing it for so long.

“Time of death is 4:47pm”

I lay on the hospital floor crying in a ball, begging and pleading for this to just be a dream. I was waiting for him to wake up and smile the same smile that reassured me for so long, yet the machine continued the long dial tone and I feel my heart on the bottom of my stomach.

How will you love again?

How will I look at another man ever again?

How will I tell my daughter that her father died to protect us from the demons of our past?

How will I look at my daughter and not see his face?

How will I continue on without Malachi?

I stared at the machine for so long and the tears continued to flow out like never before. I never have felt a pain as deep as this.

The nurse and doctors started removing their gloves, “Help Him!” I screamed.

They all looked at me with sympathy in each and every one of their eyes, “Ma'am there is nothing left we can do he is gone loo-“

Beep*…..

*Beep*….

*Beep*

“This can’t be! There’s a heartbeat! “

They all rushed over to Malachi hooking up needles and IV's into him. The doctor looked over to me  the tears streaming down my eyes, “Someone get her out of here” she said her eyes still on me. 

The security now here pulled me out and I didn’t fight I let them rush me out and to my room, I balled myself into the blanket as everyone paced around me, the hymns of strength filling the room.

“Malachi Please” I whispered.

Someone grabbed it.

I felt myself being pulled above the lava the cool air hitting my throat as I inhaled. I gasped for more trying to gather as much as I could, I looked at the hand that gripped mine and I was Rosie, she saved me. I felt the ground continue to close as I snatched Luciano's hand off my ankle moving back away from the fire.  The floor closed beneath me and I just laid there breathing as I looked around seeing Paige with his arm outstretched for me. I pulled away bringing myself to my feet as Rosie came to my side.

“Malachi don’t turn your back on me”

“You already turned yours on me, when you tried to take me from my family!” I yelled

“MALACHI!”

“What the hell do you want from me Paige?” I said turning to look at him.

“I want to apologize for everything, I-“

“No- Paige I'm done, I just want Alena and Mallory. Not this, not any of this. I just want them. I accept your apology Paige, not because I forgive you, but because I need to move on and leave these streets behind me. “He nodded his head and stepped back leaving Rosie and I there alone.