Friday

It was finally Friday. Clary couldn't believe it was almost weekend. She was especially nervous, because this weekend they would all go on a holiday. Maryse and Robert had said that it was because of all their hard work in the past week and a half, but Clary didn't believe that. She knew Robert's and Maryse's marriage was bad and she's seen enough movies to predict what will happen on this trip.

She got ready for the last day of school. Today she slept at home. She got up and walked into the kitchen, seeing her mum and Luke making breakfast. They were chatting about anything and more. Clary didn't really understand how people could be that cheerful in the morning. But she didn't mind it.

------

Magnus woke up feeling Alec's strong arms around his waist. He kissed Alec's forehead and slowly slide away from Alec's arms. He walked to his make-up table, wondering what kind of clothes and make-up he would wear today.

Suddenly he felt Alec's eyes burning on his back.

'Good morning, darling.' He said, while applying black, elegant eyeliner.

'Hey.' Mumbled the other boy.

Magnus continued by putting on a light blue eyeshadow with a little bit glitter in the corner of his eyes.

Alec always seemed fascinated by this process.

Magnus decided not to put on to much make-up today and just added some body glitter to his look. Because a look just wasn't complete without body glitter.

He once participated in a game where you had to name things that you would take to an uninhabited island. Magnus dead serious said: 'body glitter of course.' But everyone seemed to think it was a joke. Jace didn't stop laughing for at least half an hour and he kept asking what Alec had gotten himself into.

He quickly stood up and put on his clothes: dark blue pants and a light blue silk shirt. Alec blushed and Magnus couldn't help but tease the shy boy a little.

'You can watch me change now, sweetie. We've been together for more than one year now. I could even give you a little show if you like.' Magnus grinned and walked out of the room to prepare breakfast, leaving a blushing mess behind.

--------

They arrived at school with the usual admiring glares. 'They were a handsome little bunch so this was expected of course.' Jace thought.

First Jace, Magnus and Alec had P.E. As usual, Magnus refused to take part and just stared as Alec worked his magic. This lesson was self-defence. Jace and Alec had to fight each other, what was to be predicted, because the other kids were probably worried that Jace and Alec would break their necks.

Jace attacked first and Magnus could barely contain himself. Seeing someone fight his loved one like that was pure horror for Magnus. Although it helped that he sometimes got a glance of those divine abs. He let a bit of magic slip, what give Alec the overhand again.

This continued for the rest of the lesson, and though they were both quite bruised, there was no winner.

After the fight Jace ran over to the bench were Magnus was seated.

'I know you slipped some magic in that fight.' He said smiling. He was glad that his brother found someone that watched over him closely, even if Magnus wouldn't have been his first choice, or his second, or his third, or his twentieth.

'Did not.' Magnus said, trying to look honestly offended. He failed.

Magnus waited for Alec to be changed and then they walked together to Dutch.

------

The day went by quickly, because they were all looking forward, or scared for this holiday.

Next time: the holiday