How Magnus was recognised by the shadowhunter academy kids

not really happy with this but I'm back. you guys left so many cute comments I couldn't resist writing something.

Magnus felt the glares from the students at the academy. They burnt like tattoos into his skin. All those judgemental bastards. He just wanted to eat this garbage they dared to call food in peace. He tried to focus on his food.

He saw some kids giggling. He wanted to say it didn't bother him anymore after all those years, but it did. After all those years he still just wanted to fit in. He wanted to be normal, although he was anything but.

Since he was with Alec he had felt like he found his place to be. He had felt like he didn't had to hide who he was, but that didn't comply here. He had glamoured himself once again. He hid behind a lie everyone saw through.

All of this made him feel so incredibly vulnerable. He just needed...

He felt a rough hand grab his shoulder all of a sudden.

"You filthy downworlder!" A student screamed in his face. "You don't deserve to be in the presence of the chosen ones!"

Magnus pushes his chair back and stood up slowly. He could sense the guy was nervous, even though he tried so hard not to show it. He probably wanted to impress his friends, but he wouldn't get away with this. He would have to do a little something special.

Magnus didn't want to imagine this kid terrorising some other downworlder. No one should have to live like that. Magnus would put an end to this.

"What are you going to do about it?" He asked calmly. "Fight me?" He grinned, when he grabbed the boy's hand, which was still on his shoulder, and twisted it just a tiny bit, so the boy screamed in agony.

"I have no satisfaction in beating up kids, but you better watch out kid. There are other people out there who won't take you insulting them this lightly." Magnus sat down again, so he could finish his lunch.

The boy straightened his back. "Like who? that filth of a Raphael?"

Magnus' eyes started burning. He rose in seconds. "What did you say?"

The kid looked at the ground. "I won't take back what I said."

Magnus was prepared to be insulted. It hurt, but it would be fine. However he would not let anyone talk like that about Rafael. Magnus loved him as if he were his own son and he would do anything to protect him.

Flashes of blue danced around his finger tips. " I asked you what you said. Is that such a hard question?"

He felt him before he even saw him. Alexander. He held back. The sparks disappeared.

"Magnus let him go. He is just a kid. He doesn't know better." He felt so much calmer.

Alec was his anchor. Always there to keep him down, even when the sea would get rough.

He turned around to focus on Alec. Magnus preferred to look at him over the ugly grin of the boy.

"What did he do in the first place?" Alec asked.

"Nothing babe. Let's just go. It's over." Magnus knew that if he told Alec about what the guy said it would be so much worse, but of course the douchebag couldn't keep his stupid mouth shut.

"I just told him the truth. That he's nothing more than a dirty whore."

Alec was gone within seconds. He jumped the guy and started slamming his head against the floor. Blood squirted out of the guy from every angle.

Magnus wasn't looking forward to stopping this fight. He knew he had to. Alec could get in serious trouble.

"Alexander. You have to stop." Alec didn't hear him. He was probably to busy beating all the organs out of the guy.

He grabbed Alec and pulled him off. "Babe go to our room." Alec glared at the student, but left.

He knelt down to check on the guy.

"Thanks, you saved my life." He whispered. Probably because it was too painful to talk.

"I didn't do it for you. I did it for him. He wouldn't be able to forgive himself if he went any further."

He stood up and kicked the half dead corpse. "I, however, have way less of a conscience. Watch your back."

After that no one dared to make fun of the warlock again.