Part Two of Hello, Mark

"Make yourself comfortable." I told Mark as we walked in.

Mark sat down and started in. "So you're from New York? Okay. But why move to a state where you know nobody and nothing about this place? That doesn't make sense to me. Mind elaborating on that a bit?"

"Well," I looked up at the ceiling as if I were looking for an answer. "I don't really know why. New York is a crazy place and living there isn't as much fun as you'd think. Nothing like on tv. No real party going, or thousands of clubs and bars to go to, the only that is true is that there's a quite of bit of crime committed out on the street."

"So you're saying, in a nutshell, that you moved here to chill out and not deal with crazy things and crazy people?" Mark's voice had a lot of curiosity and a little bit of a concerned tone.

"More or less. I suppose. You want something to drink? Water or something? I've got a few things in the fridge." I was trying to avoid telling Mark about my real reason to move here.

"If it's not too much trouble I'd like some water, thanks. I don't want to intrude into your home acting like I own the place." Mark didn't seem like the type to act out of his place anyway.

"No problem, Mark. I don't mind it." I said. I smiled and started toward the kitchen.

I walked into my kitchen, got one my glass cups and filled it with water. I walked back into the living room to see Mark sitting on the sofa. One arm at his side, the other on the back of the couch, and his legs crossed on the floor in front of him. I handed him the water and a coaster to place on the coffee table.

"Thank you for the water." He said. He flashed an innocent smile and took a drink. "I see you've got quite a few boxes piled up here. Need any help unpacking them?"

"Okay. Sure. I could use the help if you want to. But there's a lot of stuff here. Are you sure you want to help me out with it all?"

He looked at me like I was crazy for asking. "I've got nowhere to be. I'd love to help." He set the glass down on the coaster and stood up. "Where should we start?"

"Well I'll take the stuff that goes into my bedroom. You can pick out whatever catches your eye." I told Mark. I grabbed the box labeled 'bedroom' and started toward the back of my apartment to organize it in my room.

Mark started to look around to see where to start. He picked up a box that read 'computer'.

"I see you've got a whole bunch of computer related boxes here, Sophia. Mind if I set this up?"

"Not at all." I started. "Those boxes go in the den down the hall. You sure you know how to set it up, Mark?"

"Yup. Sure do. I have a gaming computer myself that I bought a few months back. I learned how to set it up and I've helped some of buddies with technical related things. Computers, Playstation, X Box, things like that."

"That's awesome! I have an X Box and Playstation also." I was super excited to hear Mark wanted to help me feel more at home here in Ohio.

I walk out of my room to the den where I found Mark opening some of the computer boxes. He looked at the contents of the box, then me, then back to the box. He looked puzzled and a little lost in thought.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I was confused as to why he was looking from the box, to me, and again.

"Holy balls, Sophia." Mark said. "I didn't know you had a gaming computer and all of these horror and rage games with it! What else should I know?" He laughed while he talked. I guess he didn't take me for much of a gamer.

"Sure do, Mark. I love gaming! When I was about 13 I started playing video games on my Gameboy and loved it ever since! I then went to the X Box, then Playstation. And when I had saved up just enough, I finally bought my own computer for it."

"That's super cool! Where do you want this to go in here? I can set it up in the corner on this desk if you don't mind." He was really smiley and talkative. I liked people like that.

Mark then began to put together a desk in the back right corner of my den. Once that was done he started to set up the computer. He was super careful with it. Like he was scared to even touch it. At the bottom of the last box he found my camera, microphone, and over ear head phones. While unpacking whatever we could we talked a lot. Mostly about what Cincinnati is like and the people around here that he knew. We finished unpacking everything at around 1:00 o'clock in the afternoon. Mark sat down, drank the little water he had left in the glass and looked around.

"It looks nice." Mark told me. "I didn't think it take as much time as it did! Holy balls I'm stumped out."

"Yeah, I know. It took almost six hours to unpack all this stuff! But it looks great. Totally worth it Mark. Thank you for helping me with it all." I was appreciative of the help, but I was way more happy about Mark just being in my apartment! That was more than enough for me.

"Yeah it was!" He said excitedly. "I usually stink at organizing and making stuff look nice like this apartment does."

Mark sat up and looked at me. Almost curiously. I looked back and we made eye contact. I felt a warm and fuzzy feeling in my stomach and I felt butterflies. I saw his expression and by the looks of it I could swear he felt butterflies too. I guess he noticed I realized what he was thinking and looked down, breaking eye contact. I could see him blushing a bit and I wanted to know what was going on in that pretty little mind of his. He looked back up and I looked away from him. I think he noticed I was still staring. He giggled at that. Trying to not let me hear it. But I did. I let out a nervous laugh and started to break the silence.

"What was that laugh for?" I asked. "Did I do something funny?"

"No. Just laughed for no reason I guess." He sounded a bit nervous.

"You want to watch something on Netflix?" I gestured toward the tv screen. "There's lots to watch. What do you say?"

He smiled at my offer. "Sure. I don't have anything to do today, still. You like Lord of the Rings by chance?"

"Love it!" I looked at Mark and a smile spread on my face at the thought of watching it with him. I grabbed the remote and turned on the tv. I sat on the couch with Mark. I started searching for the movie and put it on.

We watched a few different movies. We laughed a lot and talked a bit. Even recited some lines the characters said. And by the time we finished the fifth movie I noticed it was 9:30pm. I spent almost 15 hours with him and I loved his company. I looked over to Mark and he was dead asleep. I decided to find a blanket to make him more comfortable. I got up and went into the hall closet and found a sheet and comforter.

I was only gone for a few minutes. And by the time I came back into the living room, he was laying down on the couch instead of sitting like when I'd left him. Mark's glasses were on the coffee table too. I laid the comforter and sheet on him and made sure he was comfortable. I took his glasses and set them in a small box I have for fragile valuables. I set them in and put the box on the coffee table in front of him. I wrote a note saying his glasses were in the box and set the note down next to it.

After that I went into my room and changed into my pj's. A gray tank top and a pair of blue sweatpants. I brushed my teeth and took off my makeup wondering why I wear it in the first place. Then I shut my bedroom door, crawled into my bed, and fell asleep.