Episode 18 What Now?

Mark's POV.

It's been almost three months since I'd talked to Sophia. Four since I'd seen her in person. I was getting mad at myself for not doing anything. She didn't even acknowledge me anymore. Our relationship was over, our friendship was over, my existence to her was over. Obviously, she took back everything that was in my apartment and took it to hers. I hated that after being okay with my life after so long, I was going through utter hell, I found Sophia, but at what cost? I got my ass kicked, almost on a daily basis. She'd get defensive when I asked to help her, mad when I wouldn't let her help me, practically collapse into my arms when life became too much for her to ball up and keep inside, and I didn't know any better than to just go with it. I learned that I loved those times, when I'd get to just be with her, alone, and we'd be able to tell each other anything in the world... I missed that, like hell.

What was I going to do? Not even Trey will tell me anything besides how's she's feeling. Never why she would be sad or angry at something. Never if she talked about me, asked about me. Absolutely jack diddly. I hated being in this situation. Nothing happened since the day her brother barged into my house. She seemed okay. She seemed normal. 'I'm fixing this.' I told myself. 'I can't handle being alone anymore. I want Sophia back. I want to hug her, talk to her. I'm almost stuck when she isn't with me. Four months is long enough. I want the record to be set straight. I want a new start. A normal one. No disruptions, no crazy action movie fights, nothing like that. I'm fixing us, today.' My mind was set.

There was no changing my thoughts. But first, I had to get out of bed before I could think of how I was going to do anything. It was only 7:45 in the morning. I dragged myself out of under the sheets, and grabbed down a pair of my basketball shorts and my newest Markiplier Heroes t-shirt. I rubbed my tired filled eyes and lead my feet to the shower. I got out, ten minutes later. Dried my hair, fixed it up into my typical fohawk style, and put on my clothes. Instead of going straight to Sophia, I made my usual daily video, playing Markiplier: The Game 2, made by one of my fans/friends, edited and uploaded it to my YouTube channel.

"Hell Mark. What now?" I asked myself, hoping someone else would be able to answer for me. I sighed and slouched back in my desk chair, confused.

'What if I screw something up? What would happen if I even went over there? Jeezus Mark, get it together, for god's sake.' I'm certain this is going to be hard to accomplish. But not impossible.

I grabbed my phone and decided to text her before I did anything drastic. I typed in her number and thought of what to say to Sophia. Then I got it and began to type whatever came to mind.

M (Mark): Are you willing to talk to me?

S (Sophia): What do you want?

M: To talk to you.

S: Make your case.

M: Okay. I hit a million subscribers yesterday, and nobody to share my happiness with. I get fan mail, and no one to make a mail video with. I go to the bar, and there's no one to drink with. I get up in the morning, and there's no one to greet with a smiling face. I go to Comic Con, and nobody to take along. I travel, and there's no one to travel with. And I miss that. I want that back. I'm not asking you to just go with it like nothing happened, I just want to be able to talk to you again. Can that be a thing? It's been over three months. I'm done sitting around.

S: Look. It doesn't matter. I'm not going to be the reason something happens to you. You don't get it.

M: The only way something like that would happen is if someone is still hurting you.

S: So?

M: Hold on. Is that still happening? Answer the phone. I'm gonna call you.

S: Mark. Don't.