Episode 28 Adult Conversation, Children Antics

Mark's POV

"So, did you watch the video?" I asked Sophia.

"Yeah."

"And...?"

"The apartment is super cool. But, I have a question about it," Sophia admitted.

"Go ahead."

"Why are there three bedrooms?"

"I thought I'd make one into a room for my YouTube stuff." That was a lie. I had something planned. Sophia had mentioned something about her niece Brynn in one of our arguments. The one where she'd just about pointed a gun at me, to be exact. I was going to go through with her plan of taking Brynn with her.

"Oh. Um, okay. That sounds like a good idea actually."

"I thought so. Unless you needed it for something?"

"No... I wouldn't."

"You have a decision yet? I mean, well, you think about it?"

"I told you I wouldn't know immediately, Mark."

"Well, I wasn't exactly asking if you knew wether or not you were moving with me. I was asking if you'd been thinking about it."

"Obviously, I have been since you rudely showed up at my job earlier."

"Yeah... Sorry about that."

"It doesn't even matter anymore. I'm over it. But really, don't just think you can just drop by when I'm mad at you whenever you want."

"I hear you. So, um, about the apartment I picked out..."

"I like it. I just don't know if I can move across the country to live in it..."

"I won't pester you about it. But I do need a deadline answer."

"When?"

"Two days...? I'm going to start moving my stuff over there soon. Not all at once, but still. The manager would want to know how many tenants will be living in the space by then."

"Great... I'll let you know by then, I guess," she sighed.

Sophia looked around and frowned. It was dark outside, almost one in the morning, but I still was able to notice she was upset. I didn't really have anything to say except 'please say you want to move'. It wasn't even for my personal benefit. It was for Sophia. I'd be able to bring her niece with us and get the kid away from that hellish world she was living in. I wanted to tell Sophia what I was planning so she'd make her decision faster and increase the odds of a 'yes'. With Luke gone, at least for the time being, he wouldn't know where she was. Michael wouldn't be able to know where she is either. I took out the Location Tracker of Sophia's phone the same day it was used. Jayden is easy to get rid of, I think, and I can't guarantee Trey will be the happiest person ever about the move. But him and Phi are pretty good friends so I'm sure he'd be able to talk to her whenever. But I didn't really care about all that. I just wanted to make this a win-win situation. Sophia could have her niece and I could be okay with moving knowing that both of them were safe with me. That's a lot to ask, but still. That all I was asking for. A lot of things have gone my way in my life and I just wanted this to be one of those times. I've been beaten, broken, hated, knocked out and almost killed for this person and I wanted a chance for things to be normal for her for once. I need an answer soon.

"If I went with you," Sophia started. "this would totally screw up my plans for Brynn..."

"I could beg to differ," I admitted.

"How do you figure? She's with her father in Illinois and we'd be in California."

"I can't say anything on the subject. That's one secret I get to keep from you," I chuckled.