Episode 4 Please Don't Go...

Mark's POV.

Wade, Molly, Sophia and I hung out a a while. Watched some tv. Played on the X Box and went out to lunch at about 2:00 in the afternoon. We ate then Wade and Molly left. They thanked us for the food, gave me and Sophia a hug, then went on their way. Sophia and I went back to her apartment.

We sat and talked for a while. About what it was like for her in the army at 18. She went through hell, it sounded like. But she said she toughed through it and just followed her orders as directed. She'd been awarded the Purple Heart and a Bronze Star at the age of 21. Which sounded like a big deal. I didn't know much about awards for soldiers but those two Sophia named, sounded pretty cool. She smiled while we talked.

Sophia was still pressing to know more of my reasoning behind why I kissed her earlier. I told her everything. I said I'd been waiting to do that since the day we'd met. How I would've exploded if I waited any longer. How I thought about it the entire time I was in LA. Asking myself how I was going to pull it off without messing everything up. But I had no plan, so I just decided to wing it.

She smiled a lot when I said that. So I took it as a good thing. We talk a while longer. It must've been a long while. Because the next thing I knew, it was dark outside. I saw the clock and it was 11:30pm. I was about to leave to my apartment when Sophia took my hand, stopping me.

"Wait." She said. "Can you please stay here?" Sophia said. I turned to look at her. Meeting with her gray eyes that were locked on mine. The color of her eyes were like something I'd never seen before. They were gray. A rare color. But they were beautiful all the same.

"Okay. I'll stay here tonight." I said. Sophia smiled once I agreed to stay with her.

Still holding my hand, she pulled me closer to her. Wrapped her arms around my neck, and hugged me. I loved it when she hugged me. It felt right. It was nice to hold her in my arms.

"I'll sleep out here on the couch." I said. She nodded, turned around, and i saw her walk down the hall into her room, and closed the door behind her.

I heard her closet slide on the track and stopped. I heard a drawer open up and soon close after. I had found and put my glasses in the box she'd given me when we first met. I set the box on the table and sat down on the sofa. I was exhausted.

I slipped off my shoes and my shirt. I laid down on the couch. It was wide like a bed. Room to move without falling flat on my face on the ground. I liked the leather on it. Holy balls it was comfortable. I pulled out the futon underneath the cushions and made myself comfortable. I was just about to fall asleep when Sophia came out of her room. I didn't open my eyes until she started to talk.

"Mark?" She sounded different. Not real happy anymore.

"What is it? Something wrong?"

"Nothing wrong. Thanks for the concern though. Aren't you going to get a blanket though?" Sophia asked me.

"Dang it." I sat up on the couch. "I'll go get one."

"No, it's okay. I'll get it for you. You can lay back down. You look tired Mark." Her voice was soft and something didn't feel right.

I watched Sophia's figure walk down the hall and disappear around the corner. I heard the closet door open and close. I saw her walk back over to me, and she handed me a blanket. I looked at her, confused as to why she was acting weird. I saw her gray eyes stare back at me. I patted the couch.

"You can sleep in here with me if you want." I told her.

"Okay. Thanks Mark." I saw a smile on her face. Even in the dark, I was still able to notice it was there.

After that she acted normal again. I was completely lost behind her reasoning of being sad. She wanted me to be with her. I remembered what Wade had said. What ever it was about his stupid idea the she might feel the same way I felt about her. I was happy that she wanted me there with her. She even went so far to ask me not to go. Not to leave her alone. I was okay with her asking because, honestly, I didn't want to leave her.

She walked over and laid down next to me. She was close. There was plenty of room but she wanted to be close to me. I liked that because I wanted to be close to her too. I wrapped my arms around her and she buried her face in my chest. It was funny watching her do that. I stayed awake until I was sure she was asleep. I grabbed the blanket a covered both of us with it. And when I was sure Sophia was okay, I went to sleep too.