1

A/N:Thank you for clicking on this book! It's currently unedited so ignore all the typos and horrible grammar. Enjoy!

Our world was shattered.

Was.

Or that's what the Saviors say.

The Saviors.

Who are they?

I'm not entirely sure either.

When my grandmother was alive, she would tell me stories of the Before.

The Before.

Before the Saviors took over.

"Lisa." My mother snaps. She is a part of the Savior.

I look up from my cereal. I haven't touched it at all.

"Eat, Lisa." She hisses, pushing my bowl closer to me. "When they weigh the leftovers they'll know you haven't eaten."

Yeah. That's the Saviors.

They give us our food and water in rations and weigh the leftovers. Somehow, after weighing the leftovers, they know how much we've eaten.

Each age group receives different kind of food. Balanced of course, but the vitamins and proteins are more concentrated depending on the specific age group.

It's a hard life.

We can't share. We can't object.
The only thing we can do is sit tight and shut the hell up.

"Lisa." My mother warns.

I nod and begin eating as my father shows up.

He pulls out his rations from the fridge and pops them into the microwave.
His rations are in proteins. Not just because he's in his mid fifties, but because he's a part of the Guard.

He ruffles my hair and places himself beside me.

"Where is Tyler?" My mother asks.

"In his room." Father replies as he digs in.

"It's late, if the check and notice he's not here then there will
be...complications." My mother says.
Yeah, that's the Saviors too.

They can tune into he cameras in our homes to check if we're following the rules.

For example, breakfast hours were strictly from seven to seven thirty.

"Relax," Says my twin, Tyler, sliding into the seat my opposite me.

My mother gives him a satisfied nod and hands him his rations for today's breakfast.

Tyler digs in as of he's never seen food before.

"Dad, what's going down by the Guard?" Tyler asks, making small talk.

"Nothing much." he shrugs and turns to my mother. "Rodney told me that one of the oxygen pumps broke down."
Tyler an I turn to stare at my mother, anticipating an answer.

She clears her throat,"Nothing major. The mechanics team was able to get it running again."

An uncomfortable silence falls through the room.

I break the silence with a casual
question, "How's Mrs.Greene? Heard she's having a baby." I ask mom.

"Well she's quite upset as a matter of fact. After all, it is the last child she can have." Mom replies.

That's right. The Saviors permit only two children per house.

Tyler snorts,"At least she had a few years in between, Mom had a minute."

Mom forces a smile.

"And Lisa had to be older." Tyler teases.

I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at him just as the clock chimes seven thirty.

Mom is up in a blink."Clear up."

Thankfully, all of us have finished so all we need to do is clear up the dishes.

I sigh.

Seven thirty to eight.

Shower time.

--------------------------------------

A/N:So this is the first chapter of my book Blood. Blood will consist of two parts or halves. This is the beginning of the first part.
The plot for my book hasn't set in yet. So wait and watch it'll take at least three more chapters cause I'm still doing the world building. ;)

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.
THANK YOU.