9.

My legs are burning.

My throat is beyond parched.

Every step feels like I'm walking through quicksand.

It has grown dark.

I wordlessly follow the nameless boy.

Grandma, the only thing that has kept me going.

My breathing has grown heavy again and feels like we've been walking for hours.

I close my eyes.

My legs wobble and I almost collapse.
Images of my mother being tortured for information and Tyler being restrained flashes in my mind.
I shudder as the sobs rise again.
To be honest, I had never been separated from Tyler for more than a few hours and even that was hard.
I began choking on my tears and I started to gasp for air.

The nameless boy turns around and wordlessly hands me the mask.
As much as I craved the mask, I push his hands away.

"Are you okay?"he asks.

"Clearly." I say and sob a little harder, knowing that that was something Ty would say.

He is silent for a few moments and then trudges on."I'm sorry." He says quietly."I should have sent you back. You're clearly in pain." He whispers.

I say nothing.

I am empty.

"We're close." He says."Do you want to meet Samantha...or should I take you back?"

I shudder in reply.

"Yeah...taking you back sounds like a horrible idea..."

I'm still silently crying.

"Let's hope Samantha can calm you down." He sighs audibly and bends down and scoops me into his arms.

What?

Put me down!

But his warmth and the feel of his hard, muscled arms, corded with muscle made me relax.

I was tired from the physical exertion and I am asleep in a matter of seconds.

------------------------------------------

A/N: Motivate me to continue updating by VOTING, COMMENTING AND SHARING.

It doesn't hurt to click the star at the bottom/ corner of your screen!