24.

Hopefully?!

Two. Weeks.

I sink to my knees.

No.

"I. Have. To. Stop. Them." I whisper.

"Lisa, you can't." Cole says, pulling me up from the ground.

"I have to." I'm crying now,"I have to."

Weak coward. Selfish.

Cole is hugging me again, but I pull away,"Cole. I have to go. I have to tell them."

"I won't let you."

Weak. Selfish. Stupid. Coward. The words ring in my mind. I pound my fists on his chest,"I have to."

Weak.
Useless.
Selfish.
Monster.
Monster.
I'm a monster.

I will kill all the Afrikans if I have to.

Cole grabs my wrists,"Lisa, please." He has a pained expression.

I'm sobbing.

"Ssh." He soothes,"We'll do something. I'll do something."

"Y-y-you will?" My heart warms a little.

"I promise."

I shake my head.

"Lisa. Do you trust me?"

I nod.

"Good. I will stop them. You hear me? I will stop them." He lets go if my wrists.

"Why?" I ask,"Why do you care? You hate the Inside, so why are doing this?"
I look up to meet his gaze.

"I-" he pauses, I'm assuming to frame his sentence,"I can't--no, I won't watch them hurt you. I can't look at you like this...it hurts."

"Why does it matter?"

"Lisa, I really li-"he is cut off by the Commander.

"Lisa." She says coolly,"Walk with me."

I look at Cole who is giving the Commander a dark look. If the Commander notices it, she doesn't react. Cole nods sharply in my direction so I join the Commander's side; wiping away my tears.

"I can only stall the Afrikans for so long. If I forbid them from carrying out their attack, they'll attack us. As a Commander, I choose what's best for my people."

Even though what she's saying is right; I'm on the verge of launching myself at her and clawing her face off. Violent.

"Then what about the people inside? They are related to us-mothers, fathers, siblings, uncles, aunts, children! What about them?"

"Some of the people in camp agree with your views. I'm giving all of you a chance. Formulate a plan and if its good enough, I'll command the people to carry it out."

"I already have a plan. Kill all the Afrikans."

"Then you are basically doing the same as the Afrikans. Killing people because they pose as a threat to you."

Selfish. Monster.

"Formulate a plan the does not involve killing the Afrikans." The Commander orders briskly,"You have four days. Samantha will gather those who support your judgement."

"What happens if they plan to attack earlier than four days?"

"Leave that to me."

"Okay."

"You are dismissed."

--------------------------------------

A/N: Guess what???
Blood reached #8 on Adventure. I REPEAT #8 ON ADVENTURE.
AND SIMULTANEOUSLY HIT 800 VIEWS. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE VIEWS, VOTES AND SUPPORT.

VOTE, COMMENTS AND SHARE. HELP ME GET TO #1!!!!