4.

When school is finally over, we have twenty minutes before the next slot starts- Creative Arts slot.

The masses of students head towards the Central Garden for the slot. I paint during this time.

I mutter a few profanities as I rummage through my bag, searching for my art supplies.

"I left my supplies at home." I tell Crystal. "We have twenty minutes till the next slot, I-uhhhhh.... I'll catch up with you at the garden."

She nods and I swiftly walk towards the shortcut home.

Did I mention that it's a rule that we are not allowed to run? Or stray away from the walking paths?

Well, those are actually rules.

I can see the Gate up ahead. The only exit to the force field. I slow down as I walk by in awe. The guards stand by the Gate- which is a transparent door that shimmers.

I continue down the lane, I can no longer see the Gate.

I hear a tapping noise to my right.

I look around.there is no one in sight.
I continue frisk walking, shaking my head.

You're just hallucinating, making it up.

The tapping sound is more frantic now I look around and my gaze lands on the force field and I gasp.

Impossible.
No.
She...

I am running, I don't care about the rules anymore. I push myself forward
The tears stuck in my throat.

I am sobbing when I reach the force field.

"Grandma?!"

She was not on the Inside.

She was on the Outside.

------------------------------------------

A/N: Motivate me to continue updating by VOTING, COMMENTING AND SHARING.

Finally! A plot! ;P