30.

Rhonda's head falls to the ground with a thud and rolls away as the rest of her body crumples to the ground.

I scream and fling my dagger and hits her attacker right in the heart.

He sinks to his knees and falls forward, pushing the dagger further into his heart. Dead.

The tears do not come for I am too afraid. One of us could die too.

But Rhonda. She was already dead.

The thought hits me with reckoning force-I have killed another person.

Killed.

Killer.

"C.T." Grab the maps and get Edgar, we have to leave. Now."

C.T and Edgar shuffle out of the tent.

I help Edgar by slinging his arm around my shoulders.

C.T's eyes drift towards Rhonda's lifeless body,"Rhonda?" She gasps.

"C.T." My voice is urgent, demanding,"We. Need. To. Go."

She nods solemnly. She understands the direness of the situation.

C.T and I balance Edgar between us as we leave the camp as fast as possible.

Cole is already waiting at the rendezvous point.

"Edgar needs immediate medical attention." I command.

C.T, who is sobbing, runs into Jamie's arms.

"Where's Rhonda?" Jay asks.

Cue my breakdown.

"I-I-I couldn't save her." I wail.

I shiver at the memory of Rhonda's head rolling away.

"The A-A-Afrikan, h-he ki-killed her." I stutter as a lump forms in my throat,"It's m-my fault."

Cole, who stands in front of me, reaches for my hands, encompassing them with his own. He turns to the others,"All of you get back to camp and make sure Edgar gets help." He then adds,"We'll catch up with you."

Everyone seems hesitant, but they nod and follow Cole's orders.

"Go away." I whisper as soon as the others are out of sight,"I'm a...I'm a monster. I killed him, Cole. I killed the man who killed Rhonda."

He grabs by shoulders,"No. No. You're not a monster."

"Don't you get it? Rhonda died because of me! Edgar lost two of his fingers because of me!"

"No." Cole answers,"Not because of you. This...this happened because they chose to fight for what is right." He pulls me into a tight embrace.

"But I killed a man. Another person."

"You killed someone who has killed more than once."

"Just give me to the Afrikans." I murmur.

"Never." His voice is ice,"Lisa, don't you get it? I need you to stay alive. I need you. Tyler needs you!" Cole shakes me.

I rest my head against his chest, his heartbeat fills my ears.

Cole.

My Cole.

--

The next day is Rhonda's funeral. Immediately after that, we present our plans to the Commander.

She is analyzing the plan when Cole approaches,"The Commander will only announce her decision at dusk. We have time to kill." He runs a hand through his hair,"Let's go out. You're stressed and you've had a bad week."

I interlace our hands as he guides me away from the Camp. Away from my troubles.

"Cole." I breathe.

He had brought me to the beach. A place I could only dream of whilst on the Inside.

This part of the beach is quite secluded and far away from the Afrikans.

The sound of the waves crashing fills my ears as I drag my feet through the wet mud. The sun looms above us, causing the sea to sparkle. 

"You can get into the sea." Cole informs,"Its not polluted this close to land."

I gingerly dip my toe into the clear water. Then the whole foot. Then the other.

I laugh with glee as I wade into the water until it pools at my waist.

I sigh. This is better than I'd ever imagined it to be.

I stare out into the sea, the smell of the salt tickling my nose.

I turn around and my eyes latch onto Cole who is right behind me.

He is staring at me as a grin breaks over his face, his eyes lighting up.

He bends down and splashes a wave of cold water in my direction, drenching the rest of me.

I giggle as I splash back.

We splash back and forth and I launch myself forward. I wrap my arms around his muscular figure and he hugs me back.

I lean back to find him lowering his head, closing the soave between us.

His lips brush against mine, light as a feather.

He makes a move to step backwards, but I pull him closer. Latching my lips onto his.

He crushes his lips against mine and my ties curl from the sparks that race through my fingers. I wrap my arms around his neck as he continues to kiss me.

His arms wrap around my waist, pulling me closer.

He nudges my mouth open and slips his tongue inside.

Oh.

Oh.

Our tongues clash and fight for dominance and my fingers tug at this golden brown hair.

I sigh onto his lips and I feel him smile.

All my troubles have faded for now. Just a mere buzz. Right now, it is just Cole and I.

We break apart gasping for air and he smiles.

"Lisa, I think I'm falling for you."

I give him a peck on the lips,"Well that's convenient. Cause I think I'm falling for you too.

He cups my cheek as his lips touch mine once more. 

The world seems to spin around us as my heart does somersaults in my chest.

-------------------------------------

A/N: Hehehe. Long time no see, eh.
I'm sorry for the long wait. I've been busy and I've mastered the art of procrastination.
I'm really sorry, again.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.