2

The four of us leave what you would call our 'home' but it's just three bedrooms, a kitchen and a bathroom; crammed into a building with a hundred more exactly like it.

Our 'homes' are called Facilities.
They are voice authorized.
The massive building which holds our Facilities are called Factors.

We head to the bathing sector.

We split up at the entrance. Mom and I walk into the female section.

In the bathing sector, we strip ourselves naked and throw all our clothes into a large bin. We then form lines in front the long row of shower stalls.

I wait in line silently.

Mom stands in front of me.

It is her turn now.

The Saviors have wired the taps to spray hot water for only five minutes per person. Then they turn off until the next person steps into the stall.

My mother steps in.

I hear the shower turn on and in a few minutes the light above the stall turns green. That's my signal to enter.

I quickly make do with the small amount of time I have.

For hygiene, each of us are provided with five grams of soap for each shower. The soap comes from a dispenser by the towel rack.

The shower stops and I wrap myself in a towel an head out from the other end of the stall.

The other end of the stall leads to the dressing area.

Now we are made to wait in a line by a row of computers connected to a conveyer belt.

Everything is run by machines.
I head to the computer and type in my name and Facility number. The conveyer belt halts and I pick up the stack of clothes.

I take the pile and head out of line.
I head to the row of benches that the Saviors have provided for us to use while we change.

I peel the towel off and pull on the clothes which have the starchy feel that we are all used to.

The Saviors have made all our clothes identical- men and women alike. Even children. Our clothes are all an off white color. 

I drop off the towel in the exit and join my family. They are waiting for me in the main area.

Our walk back to the Facility is short and it is seven fifty when we reach home.

We have ten minutes before the new time slot starts.

I head to my bedroom and shut the door behind me.

I stand beside my window.

We live in the Factor furthest away from the main city, so I have a spectacular view from my bedroom window.

I can see where the sea meets the land.
Grandma called it 'the Beach'.

I've always wanted to go, but the force field ends ten meters away from the shore.

Force fields?

Yes.

The Saviors developed technology to create force fields around our continent-North America. The force field is our boundary to keep us safe from acid rain, tsunamis, pollution an other things that could harm us. It was also made so that the Saviors could limit the places we could go and keep an eye on us.

The force field is transparent. It's almost as if the Saviors want us to see exactly what we can't have.
If we try to cross the force field, we'll be heavily electrocuted and thrown four feet away.

The only opening in the force field is called the Gate.

That's where people who are banished go.

Or the people who were sent out. Seventy five years after the year you were born, the Saviors send you and everyone else born in that year out of the force field.
That's what happened to Grandma.
My Grandad died in the quarantine sector a few years ago from some disease.

The force field are transparent and allow sunlight to enter without the exposure to the UV rays.
Even the temperature is controlled in the force fields.  As well as the amount of oxygen pumped into the force field.
There was a knock on my door and Tyler enters. He closes the door behind him. 

"Ty." I greeted, as he sits down on my bed.

"I'm worried." he says.

"Why?"

"I overheard Mom and Dad talking a few minutes ago..." His voice trails off.

"And?" I press for more information.

"Mom says someone had tampered with the oxygen pumps."

------------------------------------------

A/N: VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE IF YOU LIKE IT.

Your votes motivate me to write more by giving me a higher ranking in the Adventure genre.

Sit back and wait. The plot sets in after chapter 4.