10.

I awake in a tent.

I close my eyes and turn to my side and groan. My limbs are painfully sore.
The flap of the tent opens and I find Grandma peering at me, curious.

"You're awake." She says.

I sit up."Grandma!"

I am lying on a bed made of wood and the mattress was handmade.

"Foolish girl." Grandma chides, but there is a hit of humor in her voice.

"I-I'm sorry, I panicked."

Grandma places herself in a wooden chair on the other side of the tent.

"Why?" she asks.

"What do you mean?!"

"Why did you come after me?"

"Because you're my grandmother and I love you! And I haven't seen you for almost a year and I thought you were dead!"

"You shouldn't have come."

Now I am angry.

I risked everything- no I gave up everything for her and now? Now she just disses me.

"Why thank you." I huff."And above all that, you just show up, blabber about something and scamper off into the woods."

She says nothing.

"I don't even know how either of us are even alive!"

Grandma remains silent.

"If I'd imagined this kind of appreciation, I wouldn't have come." I hiss.

She just gives me an icy stare.

"I've. Left. Everything. Behind." I shout."Even Tyler."

Grandma flinches at that.

I leap of the bed and stomp outside.
It is darker than when we had reached. And the place is lit with a huge bonfire.
The campfire is surrounded by at least a hundred tents.

Men, women and children dance, talk and eat around the fire.

A group of women are cooking while another group is handing out bowls.
A woman hobbles by. She hands me a bowl and heads away without giving me a second glance.

I take a slow bite from the aromatic food in my bowl.

I shake.

The food is divine.

The spices and herbs make my tongue tingle.

At home, the food is lumpy and bland and not to mention in precise rations.
I have finished my entire serving in seconds.

------------------------------------------

A/N: Motivate me to continue updating by VOTING, COMMENTING AND SHARING.