22.

I end up falling asleep in Grandma's arms, only to be woken up by Cole for dinner.

I tidy up my hair and trudge towards the campfire where Cole hands me a bowl of food and I attack it as if I'd never seen food before. I sit down on one of the logs by the campfire.

Too tired to ask for a second helping for food, I lean against Cole's shoulder and doze off.

With a jolt, Cole wakes me up after what seems like a few minutes.

"Lisa."Cole says softly,"Go back to your tent, you're really tired."

I shake my head wearily and look around to see that the place was deserted and that everyone had returned to their tents for the night-excepting the two of us.

I realize that Cole let me doze off for more than a few minutes. I stand up and stretch. Cole rises too and I stifle a yawn.

"Go to sleep, Lisa." He murmurs.

"Good night, then." I stumble to my tent.

As soon as I hit the bed; I fall asleep.

I dream of darkness and then-

Tyler comes running towards me, screaming my name.

"Lisa!" He shouts,"Lisa!"

I am running towards him, but I never reach him. Tyler's screams pierce the air and I'm screaming too.

I wake up, panting-my clothes clinging to me, sticky with sweat. I slide out of bed and unzip the tent.

It's still quite dark out and the place is deserted. It must be at least an hour before dawn. I sit on one of the logs by the remains of the campfire and prod the ashes with a stick.

How very productive.

I'm still considerably groggy, but the chilly breeze keeps me functioning. It feels nice; although I'm shivering.

I didn't realize I was crying until the breeze made them tickle my cheeks.

I was homesick, as much as I hated home. I mostly missed Tyler-he is my twin-my other half. Pain and fear for him gnawed at me as I shudder. And to top it all, Tyler thinks I'm dead.

The numbness returns to my limbs as my Father's pained expression flashes in my mind. The expression he held when I ran into the woods.

I heave a sob, trembling. I was too fragile for this life.

Why had I come? Was it right to leave my family behind?

I needed to warn them about the Afrikans. I needed Tyler to know that I loved him. I needed him to know that I was alive.

"Lisa." Someone murmurs.

Cole stands beside me and I sigh as he sits down beside me.

"Are you...crying?" He asks-smart as ever.

"I think so..." I mumble.

"Why are you crying?" He soothes.

I turn to Cole,"I-I miss home."

Cole visibly stiffens,"Do you not like it out here?"

"I do...but..."

Cole stands up,"Come with me." He holds out his hand for me. I place my hand in his as he pulls me up while he simultaneously studies the sky.

"If we hurry, we can reach on time." He informs.

I shrug and follow his lead, wiping away my tears. He leads through few paths I've never been through before.