Laser Tag

Esmeralda's POV

"So." I said putting my hands behind my back kind of awkwardly. "What do you like to do?" Taylor (I think) asked. "I don't know." I said looking down. "Well, we will have to make do." He said. "Oh, I know laser tag!" Matt (I think) said jumping up and down like a child. I smiled, "I like laser tag," I said excitedly. "Okay then. I'll leave Abernathy a note saying where we are, and our number, and let's go!"Shawn said. I nodded and the rest of us went out the door. When we got in the car the boys were jumping in and I got in last,sitting next to Shawn. "Well, looks like I have a new buddy." He said wrapping his arm around me. Not in a crush way, but a protective brother way. It felt good. This is my new life now. I smiled and nodded. "Well, we will be there in a few minutes." Cam said while driving. "Yeah, our hotel is close to a laser tag place." Jack G said. "So,Ezzy we need to talk in private at the laser place," Jack J said whispering in my ear. I turned around,"Sure,I will be glad to." I said whispering. He smiled and sat back. I went through their names in my head. After a few minutes,we were there at the laser tag place and I got out the car. "Well, here we are," Jack G said jumping up. I smiled. We went inside and Jack J pulled me aside. "So, do you think Abernathy has a boyfriend?" He asked looking down. "I don't know." I said looking up to his eyes. "Oh, well figure out as much as you can please." "Wait, you like her." I said. He nodded. "How do you know I won't tell her?" I said. "You're not like that," He said looking into my eyes. "Come one guys!" Taylor said. I ran and got into a suit. Taylor brung me a gun and whispered,"Be on my team I'm awesome," While grinning. I shrugged and went into the room. "Okay,listen up guys and young lady," a boy my age was saying,"Here are the rules. No fighting,No pointing guns in another person's eyes," He said looking at Hayes who was already pointing at Carter's eyes. "Most importantly, have fun," He said and disappeared. I ran into a tunnel thing and pointed my gun at Shawn. I pulled the trigger and I shot him. "Who done that," He said looking around. "You're out go sit down," I said through the tunnel. "Oh, so it was little Ezzy. Well, you're gonna pay," He said while running to the bench. I got out of the tunnel and ran to a box area. I turned around and shot Hayes. Then, Carter,Matt,and Taylor. So it was me and one other person. I looked at the bench and all the guys were out. I instantly realized that boy was in. I ran and bumped into him and I quickly pulled my trigger and shot him. A bell went off signaling I was the winner. "Well played," The boy said shaking my hand. I smiled, and quickly realized I was blushing. I guess he noticed because he took his hand away slowly. "Well, the winner gets a prize," He said gesturing towards me. "Her prize will be yo number.,'Cuz she likes you," Shawn said putting his hand on my shoulder smiling. I felt my face turn red. I glared at Shawn while he handed the boy a piece of paper and a pen. "I don't hear her complaining," Nash said taking the paper and shoving it in his pocket. As we got ready to leave the boy approached me. "Hi, I'm Landen " He said holding his hand out. "Hi,I'm Esmeralda," I said shaking his hand. In that moment, I saw all his features. His dark brown hair, blue/green eyes, his big smile, and the way his face lite up the place. "Sorry about those guys. They're my sister's friends." I said grabbing my coat. "It's okay. So, I'll see you around? You should come back soon," He said as I left. I got into the van and I punched Shawn in the shoulder. "You're mean." Was all I said. I didn't speak to any of them. We got to the hotel and I noticed the paper fell out of Nash's pocket. I picked it up and looked at the number. I ran into the hotel and grabbed my phone. I created a message for him. I added him as a contact with his name as Landen💟.