Now we have a Babysitter

Titania

I kicked at a straggling rock as I walked down the busy street. The sun was just starting to set and the nightlife in Seoul was kicking off. I kept my hands securely in my pockets as I looked nowhere but forward.

"Are you there yet?" I heard Alya in my ear.

"Almost." I muttered, turning the corner into a tight alley.

I walked for another three minutes before reaching a back door of an old building. I knocked twice and waited seven seconds before the door opened. A man stood tall, a gun being tightly held in his hand.

"Commander Haywood was expecting three." He said in a sharp voice.

"He got one. Would he rather have none?" I raised an eyebrow.

The man clenched his jaw, then stepped aside.

I didn't walk too far in before seeing three men standing in a room, surrounding a man standing behind a desk, a computer in front of him. The computer screen showed the face of another man, the man I came to see.

"Katrina." Haywood said from behind the screen. "I apologize for not being able to be there in person."

"I'm not too torn up about it." I said, standing a good distance away from everyone in the room.

"Just you again?" He leaned forward. "Are you trying to protect the other two or something?"

"Something like that." I clenched my teeth in attempt to not get too impatient. "If you don't start saying something relevant in the next five seconds I am leaving."

"I think you know why I called to meet you."

I took in a deep breath as I leaned on my right hip. "They knew who we were, our first attempt didn't go smoothly, you have given us no time to come up with a second plan."

"Seven boys, gang members. You are an assassin, just put a bullet in them."

"They are bulletproof, remember?" My voice came out salty. "I don't know what you are so worked up about. We have been here for two days, one night. Things got more complicated than we originally thought, so therefore, we are going to need more time than we originally planned. If you don't like it, fly us back home."

Haywood was silent for a moment. He ran a hand through his hair and looked directly at me. "I told you that they were the most dangerous men in Seoul. Surely you were smart enough not to underestimate them."

I took a step forward in frustration, and two of the men standing by the desk put their arms out.

"Are you serious?" I mused. "What am I going to do, punch him through the screen?"

The two looked at each other, then stepped back in slight embarrassment.

"Just get it done." Haywood said. "You have already made a big enough scene, I don't want people starting to figure out who you are."

I clenched my fists and watched him reach for the disconnect button.

"Oh, one more thing." He said. "This gentleman behind me, he will be watching you from now on. This is agent Hutson. I suggest you focus, if you don't want to deal with him as well." The screen turned black as I looked up at the man behind the desk.

"You're large." I said, looking him up and down. He had a shaven head and very broad shoulders. He was tall, but there was one thing off... "Your head is really small though." I smiled. "But your ears are big so you look funny."

"Are you really the famous Hyena?" He narrowed his eyes. His voice was deep and raspy, but I still couldn't help but smile at him. "You are a child."

"And you look like a peanut." I stated. "But you can still probably kick some serious ass so I am not going to judge you. It's a charming trait to have." I gave him a smug smile and spun on my heels, walking out.

I ignored the man at the door, too annoyed with this stupid man to bother with anyone dumb enough to follow him.

The night air was nice on my face as I walked outside, closing my eyes. My eyes stung slightly as I closed them, seeing as it had been a while since I have let them rest. My brain shot back as I heard a sharp sound in my ear.

"So?" Presley's voice was urgent in my ear as I got a reasonable distance away.

"He is impatient with us and now we have a babysitter." I mumbled. "He's like a Russian version of the rock."

"Russian?"

"Na, probably not, he is just super pail." I sighed. "I'll tell you more when I get back, I don't like talking openly out here." Their voices disappeared as I walked through the ally, going through my head different ways to kill those boys. We had them scared and paranoid now, which meant they will be setting up a better defense. Just what we wanted.

I got a sudden twitch at the back of my head. Someone was following me. I was about to turn around when I heard footsteps in front of me.

"Heey," A boy appeared in front of me, a very drunk one. He reached his hands out to me. "You're cute, come and-"

I clotheslined him with a dramatic roll of my eyes, completely forgetting about the sound from behind.

Agent Huston, what a guy. This was short, sorry! The next one will be longer and the one after that will be a lot longer. Wooho!