Well damnit

Titania

I'm a fucking idiot. Really, I'm just god damn stupid. I should have slept when Alya said. Even though there was a cold breeze outside, I was still struggling with keeping my eyes open. I really just didn't want to be in that house. If I knew giving them that recorder would lead to this, I would have thrown it out the window. I wanted to get back at Haywood more than anything, don't get me wrong, but working together with a gang, I don't think I could, even though they didn't do stuff like that. Well, as far as I knew.

I stopped at a small alley, leaning in at the front and putting my head back against the wall. The cold surface felt good on my aching skull. My wrists were still bruised and my shoulders were sore from being tied back so harshly. I couldn't blame them though, any looser and I probably would have been able to get out.

Alya had tried to contact me a few times, but I knew her well enough that she would leave me alone after a while. She knew more than anyone why I was iffy about this, and frankly, I was slightly mad at her for agreeing so easily. Why did she agree so easily? They could be planning to back stab us, or worse. Those people held grudges, I could tell, and I really don't think they will drop all that we did to them so easily. Why was Alya being so carefree about this when she was always the most careful? And why was Presley just going along with all of this? Was she just as okay with everything as Alya was?

I hit my head lightly on the wall, shutting my eyes tight, trying to get rid of my headache. Hitting it won't do it any good moron.

I sunk down to my heels and dropped my head in between my knees. They wanted us to stay and sleep there. Maybe they were planning on blowing the place up while we were inside. Maybe they were going to kill us in our sleep. Maybe they were going to poison the food we were going to eat.

OR... maybe they were planning on doing nothing. They wanted to work with us to take down a common enemy and that was it. To be honest, when their leader was talking he didn't sound like he was lying, but then again, he was known to be the most dangerous of them all when it came to mind tricks.

I should just go back and talk to them. Thinking by myself out here wasn't doing anything.

With a deep sigh, I stood up slowly and started to move back the way I came, but froze in my spot when I heard a nose that made me shiver.

"Get your hands off me right now."

"Come on baby it's your own fault for walking around at night. You should know it's dangerous."

I slipped back into the alley and stayed low, not wanting to get attention just yet. I got my eyes on the people. There was a girl that looked about my age, maybe a year younger with shoulder length black hair and a small figure. The boy was about a head taller than her, his arms wrapped around her waist tightly, not allowing her to move.

"My brother will hit your head in so hard you'll be looking through your stomach." Her voice held the struggle of trying to get away.

"But your brother will never know." He breathed in her ear, which made her freeze. He started to pull something from his back pocket. It looked like a gun, but I couldn't be sure. Either way, I stood, making myself visible.

"If your hands are not off of her in five seconds, you'll have a broken nose."

The boy looked at me with a cocky grin. "Listen kid, you have no-"

I leaped over the box I was behind, kicking him right in the face. He let go of the girl and stumbled back, holding his face. The girl looked at me with wide eyes, but despite what I expected, there was no fear in them.

"You bitch!" He yelled from behind his hand.

"I said five seconds." I shrugged, pretty positive I clearly stated my terms.

The boy reached for what was in his back pocket and pointed it at me. Indeed, it was a gun. I took my stance, ready to give this guy a beating, but the girl was in front of me know.

"Leave her alone." She said loudly. Despite her trying to be courageous, her voice still shook.

The boy grinned at her and I simply rolled my eyes.

"Sorry about this." I said before pushing her harshly out of the way. She hit the ground as I slid my leg under, taking the boy off his feet. The gun went off as he fell. I winced, covering my head slightly. The girl screamed and I made the stupid mistake of looking over to make sure she was okay.

With one blink, I felt a serious sting in my left side with the sound of another gun shot. Thankfully, the bullet didn't go in, just skimmed, but it still hurt like hell. I shook it off quickly and ran for the man, kicking the gun out of his hand. He recovered quickly and wrapped his arm around my waist, sliding his hand along the gash the bullet had made, purposefully digging his fingers into the cut.

I bit down hard on my lip as I started to see black dots. No sleep for three days plus getting shot was definitely not the best for your health.

I started to panic. I reached back, kicked forward and flipped him over me. He landed it though, going to spin around, but I put my foot on the back of his leg and twisted his head in my hands, intending on just flipping him over on his side, but my ears were filled with a harsh crack and the boy hit the ground.

Dead.

I looked down, breathing hard. It took me a second to realize what I had just done. I bit down hard on my lips as I looked at the boy.

"Uuhh..." I blinked. "Well damnit." I ran a hand through my hair as I paced lightly back and forth. The girl was still on the ground, looking at me with a blank face.

"You just-" The girl started, but I put my hand up, not really wanting to talk to her.

"I-" I looked down at the boy. "I guess I should- oh fuck me, good grief." I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and dialed Alya's number. She picked up on the third ring, her voice hesitant and slightly confused.

"Katrina, are you okay?"

I sighed deeply as I put my hand on my head. "Okay hear me out. I swear it was an accident." 

Yeah Chris Evens! Sorry I just watched the avengers. But hey... 'well damnit' is right.