Trade Off ((4))

Mike's P.O.V

What did I see? I saw nothing. No one. That was the problem. I ran around the house frantically.

"Shit shit shit." I mumbled under my breath, looking around everywhere. Just then I heard a scream come from upstairs . It sounded like Vincent.

"Shut the fuck up before someone hears you." I hear a voice growl from upstairs as well. My heart dropped.

Someone else was in the house.

Without thinking, I sprinted up the stairs as fast as I could.

"VINCENT!" I yelled.

"MIKE IM-" Vincent began to yell back but was cut off by something.

I ran into the bedroom. There stood a guy in all black, he was slightly shorter than me and looked about my age. He was holding a black bag that I'm assuming was filled with most of my valuables. And was standing over Vincent who was tied down to the bed with a gag lodged into his mouth.

But the terrifying thing was when I looked down I realized...He was was holding a gun.

"Now you're going to do exactly what I say. Or he dies. Understood?" The man asks quietly.

"Okay. Alright...I'll do whatever you want." I reply quietly, putting my hands above my head.

"You're going to go to the bank ask to make a deposit. I want five hundred thousand dollars by five pm. Got it?" He demands.

"Wait. I'm not leaving you alone with him. You're going to hurt him." I shake my head.

"Maybe I will. But you have an option. You could go and leave him with me. Or you could not go and I can shoot him right now." The man puts the gun up to Vincent's forehead.

"Ah oh god!" He squeezes his eyes closed and yelps.

"OKAY! I'll go." I run off as fast as I can and get into my car once again. Speeding off, driving way over the speed limit. After about ten minutes I got to the bank. It felt like hours.

I ran up to the lady at the front desk.

"I'd like to make a deposit of all my money please. I'm um...I'm switching to a different bank." I smile.

"Oh okay. I'm sorry for the inconvenience." The lady shakes her head.

"Oh. No it's completely fine." I nod. The lady escorts me to the back room and gives me the key to the safe. I waited for her to leave and opened it. There had to be at least five hundred thousand dollars. I immediately started to empty it out into a bag I grabbed. Once the money was all emptied out I ran out of the bank as fast as I could. Into my car and drove as fast as I could.I got to my house without being pulled over. The time was 5:01.

"Shit." I ran into my house and upstairs. I clenched my fists. Vincent's mouth was bleeding all over but that's about it.

"Mike..." He whimpered.

"Shh it's going to be okay." I hand the man the money. "There should be more than five hundred thousand there. A disgusting smirk spread across his face as he grabbed it from me. The man held his money in one hand and unchained Vincent with the other hand. He grabbed him by the back of the neck and yanked him up.

"Oh one more thing." The guy smirked wider. "I lied." He loaded the gun and put it up to Vincent's head. And before I even had the time to think...

He pulled the trigger.