Questioning ((29))

Mike's P.O.V

I sit down on the bed with Vincent as the lady sighs.

"I'm sorry but we can't have you in here while the questioning is taking place."

"What?! That's bullshit I need to be with him!" I protest.

"It's the law."

"But he's a minor."

"So?"

"Doesn't he need an adult with him?"

"All we need is your permission. And you gave us your permission."

"Make it fast." I sigh, walk out of the door, keeping my ear up to it. I hear them very clearly.

"Question number one..." She starts. "How did Fritz get into your cell?"

"Well like...the asylum hired an in cell security guard for me and that just happened to be Fritz." Vincent speaks quietly. Why did he seem so nervous? I just gave him his medicine.

"Okay next question. Around what time did all of this happen?" She asks.

"Like...11pm?" He is still speaking nervously.

"Okay. Have you had any past conflicts with Fritz Smith?" She says quickly.

"Uh...Well...I guess...But it doesn't matter." Vincent says quickly as well.

"Yes it does matter. We need to know." The lady speaks assertively.

"No..." Vincent refuses.

"Yes. Tell us right now." She speaks angrily.

"I...I said no. I want Mike." He whines.

"No. answer our question." The woman says angrily. I growl.

"No!" I hear him start to breathe really heavy.

"Yes. Answer it or you can't see mike." She says loudly. I hear him panic, gasping for air. I run down and get his special type of inhaler for when he can't breathe when he panics. I run back upstairs with it and barge into the room, slamming it over his mouth.

"Calm down im here." I say worriedly as I feel him breathe quickly into the inhaler. I use one hand to hold it over his mouth and put another hand over his stomach.

"You okay?" I ask softly. He nods, his breathing slowing down. I lay him down on the bed and pull away his inhaler. It's supposed to make him tired or calm down or whatever.

"No more questions. That's enough for today." I open the door for the officers. "Get out."
They both just give me a stare and then walk out, not saying anything else.

"Aw my poor vinny." I lay down next to them on the bed. "I'm sorry. I'll be with you the next time they question you. I don't care what they say."