Just Like A Dream ((28))

Vincent's P.O.V
A few moments later Mike came walking back in holding another pill and a glass of water.
"Don't make this difficult this time." He sighs.
"Which one even is that? I'm on like six different meds." I roll my eyes and cross my arms.
"Your anxiety meds. This is the stronger one." He leans down. "Please just take it."
"Fine." I sigh and take the pill from Mike's hand, put it in my mouth then take the water.
"Thank you. I'll be right back." He smiles then walks out.
The second he walks out of the room I spit the pill out and put it under the bed somewhere.

Mike's P.O.V
I wash the dishes and then walk upstairs to Vinny again.
"I'm sorry I was tough with you but you need to have this in your system or else not good things happen." I shrug. "That's just the way it is."
"I know..." He sighs and looks up at me, sadly. "I'm sorry I didn't listen."
"It's okay." I say gently as he stands up. We hug each other for a while. I love the feeling of having him in my arms. He stands on his tippy toes and kisses me on the cheek then blushes while smiling.
"You're adorable." I kiss him on the cheek back. At that moment, the door bell rings.
"Who's that?" He asks nervously.
"it's okay." I assure him as I run down to the door. Opening it slowly. There stood the police. This time, not a dream.
"Hello Sir." One of them speaks. "Can we speak to Vincent please?"
"Why?" I ask assertively.
"Because we saw the security footage of his cell in the asylum down the street. He's not in any trouble we can assure you that." The lady smiles.
"Okay." I smile back at her and lead her upstairs. Vinny was sitting on the bed. He immediately jumps up and runs into the closet, slamming the door. I hear him anxiously cry through the door.
"Vincent. You're not in trouble honey please come out." The lady knocks on the door.
No answer.
"We just need to ask you a few questions about what Fritz Smith did to you." Another male police officer speaks.
No answer.
I sigh and walk up to the closet door.
"Hey." I say softly. "It's okay kiddo please come out for me."
He opens the closet door slowly and immediately hugs me, hiding his face in my chest.
"Mister Mike they're gonna take me away." He whimpers quietly and tenses up.
"No they're not." I laugh lightly, massaging the back of his soft hair. "They're just here to ask you questions. You're not in trouble."
"Okay..." He pulls back from me and sits down on the floor.
"Alright." The lady smiles softly. "Question number one..."