A Close Call ((31))

Vincent's P.O.V
Once we finish riding almost every ride there, it's dark outside and there are not many people around. We decide to go home.
"Thank you for bringing me." I smile as we walk out, walking on the side walk.
"No problem." He smiles as well. We both just smile, continuing to walk together. We walk about a block and then have to cross the street to get to Mike's car.
"The moon is so pretty tonight" Mike says happily as he pulls out his phone. "I'm gonna take a picture. You can go ahead I'll be right there."
"Okay." I nod and put my hands in my pocket, looking down as I cross the street. All of a sudden from the corner of my eye I see lights.
Coming towards me at extremely high speed. A million thoughts race through my head. I turn to face forward just to realize they are headlights.
Just as the vehicle is inches away from hitting me. I feel someone grab me, my feet being lifted up off the ground. Then I am thrown to the sidewalk, being crushed by the weight on top of me. It's Mike.
"You..." I stop and look up at him. "Thank you!"
"No problem. Are you alright?!" He asks extremely concerned.
"Yeah..." I nod.
"Shit." He curses quietly. Biting his bottom lip.
"What's wrong?" I look at him.
"Nothing. I'm fine... I must have pulled a muscle or something in my leg."
"I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention and none of this would have-" he stops me by leaning down and kissing me. Stil being on top of me in the middle of the side walk.
"It's fine. I'll be okay. I promise you." He smiles at me softly. Calming me down a bit, our faces very close to each others as he strokes the side of my face.
At the moment I thought I heard laughter of some sort come from behind the corner. I just brushed it off.
No big deal.
Right?