Chapter 2

Aaliyah has spent these past couple of months crushing hard on Iain. She wondered if Iain felt the same way she did for him.
"Never in a million years" she murmured, unaware of the passing Iain.

"What was that Ms. Pinkston?"
Startled and frenzied from her hot and inappropriate thinking Aaliyah straightened herself in her desk chair.
"Oh! Nothing, just talking to myself again." Aaliyah let out an airy giggle, trying to conceal her nervousness.

"Don't do that too much, people might start to think you're crazy.", Iain joked, giving her a wink.

"I'll remember that", Aaliyah replied biting her lip mindlessly.
She just couldn't understand how he could be so handsome.

"Well Aaliyah, I'll catch you later," Iain said, walking away from her desk and into his office.

"Hope you do more than catch me", Aaliyah's whispered unaware that Iain had good ears and heard every word.

'Don't Tempt Me.' Iain thought.
Aaliyah bit her lip harder as she watched Iain ass as he walked out of the lobby.
Iain walked back in suddenly.
"Would you like to join me for lunch?"
Aaliyah stood up a bit too soon.
"YES! I mean um...yes. I would love to Mr. Pliegue. Let me just sign out of windows." Closing the files she had open, Aaliyah signed out of the desktop and closed her desk draw, locking it with key before speed walking to meet Iain at the suite office door.
Iain held the door for Aaliyah as she walked through it.
To be a gentlemen of course.

"Where are we going to eat?" Aaliyah asked Iain

"Hm. How about you choose where we go?"

"I really like Cabinii's, can we go there?"

"Whatever you want darling",
Aaliyah had definitely turned a shade of red at the nickname Iain had given her. She hoped he didn't notice. Her dewy brown skin made for a slight cover but he definitely noticed anyway.

"Ha! Is that a blush I see Ms. Pinkston?"

"Oh be quiet you", Aaliyah replied being embarrassed from Iain so easily making her blush.
As they arrived to Iain's car, he had rushed ahead of Aaliyah to open her passenger side door.
"Here you go M'lady"

"Oh what a gentlemen" Aaliyah said , getting in the car. She wondered if this was just a friendly invitation, even though she hoped it wasn't. Aaliyah all too well knew the dangers of fools gold but she's always been inclined to be drawn in by the shiny things. This seemed almost too good to be true.

Iain Pliegue inviting his secretary to lunch. Sounds like a scandal waiting to happen.

"We will see" Aaliyah ended the inner conversation with those last 3 words. Deciding it was not the time for an inner debate, but rather to just enjoy this moment.