Chapter 7

Iain had left Aaliyah at the bar to "talk business", with some of his colleagues.

'Well isn't this fun'

She took another sip of her lemon drop martini as she looked on at Iain conversing with such class. Such dominance was the way of his mannerisms. She wondered if he had a different side, a wilder side. He seems so well rounded and in control, but she wondered if he was anything like that in the bedroom or even just his regular personal life. She longed to see. Even for a moment.

'Oh snap out of it Aaliyah!'

"Aaliyah?",

"Oh, yes Iain?",

Iain just loved how obedient she is. And always says Yes. He hoped she said Yes later. An agreeable woman is by far the most attractive to him.

"I'll like you to meet my sister, Illianna.
Illianna meet my date, Aaliyah. She also works in the office as my personal secretary. The best I've ever had. "

"Oh gosh what's next, his mother?? And must he make a fuss over me so, I have to be red as a tomato, I just have to be "

"So nice to meet you Aaliyah! You look so familiar, have I seen you somewhere before?",

'Crap! The coffee shop like a year ago. Is her memory that good?!'

"You as well. And, I don't believe so?", Aaliyah said playing stupid, hoping it would buy her the time for Ilianna to not think to recall the memory at all.

"So, how's working for this spider monkey over here?", Illania said joking about her brother playfully.

"I love working for Iain.",

Illania looked surprised.
"First name basis?! You two must be close-"

"Okay Illania I think that's enough, I'll like to show off my beautiful date if you don't mind, goodbye.", Iain took hold of Aaliyah's waist pulling her away from a laughing Illania.

"What was that about?"

"So sorry about my sister, she likes to embarrass.",

"Siblings. Can't live with them, can't live without them huh?",
"Guess so.", Iain said, walking Aaliyah out to the patio. Luckily no one was out there. He wondered if this was a good time but if not now then when? He hoped she would be ready.

Aaliyah and Iain sat on the chairs in silence, neither one saying anything.
"So,"

"I,"

They both laughed at the coincidence.

"Please, go first." Iain insisted.

"I was just gonna ask if you and your sister are close.",

Iain stared at Aaliyah intensely.
"It's not important.", Shutting down completely, those words alone left no room for any more to be said on the topic. Iain didn't want to open up like that, vulnerability to him is the fastest way to put death to anything. He just wouldn't cross that line.

Feeling shot down, Aaliyah said a faint "Oh.",
'Someone's touchy.' She wondered if it was because it was a personal question or maybe it rehashed some old memories that he would rather forget but the vibe of Illianna doesn't suggest that at all. So what was his issue?

"So what were you going to say?", Aaliyah said, heavy in a sigh.

Iain turned around in his chair facing Aaliyah fully.
"If you would like a promotion."

If Aaliyah's eyes weren't so almond shaped, she's sure they would've conveyed the illusion of almost popping out of her head. She stared at him in awe.

"A promotion?"