Chapter 21

Aaliyah put her designer labeled clothing in the last box and let Movers do their thing. Lili didn't have much since she didn't really have time to get comfortable in her new home and now she's getting another one. Everything was going so fast but she couldn't complain, she now has her father and the closest thing she'll get as a mother.
"Aaliyah, can we get ice cream when we're done!", Lilli screamed bouncing up and down like an excited toddler.
"Woah there, calm down Lilli. We sure can once we're done all that needs to be done.", Aaliyah giggled slightly throughout her answer, seeing Lilli so elated was something not only funny but reassuring. When Aaliyah first met Lilli she was so closed off and reserved so seeing her like this was definitely a good sign.
Iain came into the bedroom, carrying a very petite box.
"I thought you would want to handle something as photos yourself, so I took the box from the truck.",
Aaliyah eyes widened, she didn't remember putting something so important in the truck.
"Oh thank you so much Iain. I'm done in there, I think everything's set.",
Still holding the box Iain nodded and walked to his car, the ladies following. Putting the box in the trunk he opened each girl's door for them to get in.
Honk. Honk.
Movers honked their horn as they pulled off for Iain's mansion. He got in the driver's seat and started the ignition. Before driving away he turned to Aaliyah.
"You sure you wanna do this?",
Aaliyah scoffed, almost insulted. He didn't give her a choice in the bedroom but now they're in the car and he's asking. In front of Lilli no less. This man should be hanged for his treacherous, manipulative, capricious game he plays. Aaliyah smiled very fake and replied,
"Of course. My home is with you guys.",
In the back Lili watched the whole exchange and was still semi confused, she wanted to know if they were a couple or not. Yet friends move in together... Right?
Shaking her head she leaned back, deciding to gather more evidence. Speculation isn't key.
"So..are you guys gonna get married?",
Iain and Aaliyah gave shocked looks to Lilli, Aaliyah turned around while Iain looked through the rear view mirror.
"And why would we do that?", he questioned.
"Yeah..why.", Aaliyah added.
Lilli tried hard to hide her smile and laugh, they soooo like each other. It's obvious.
"Because y'all are moving in together... So you guys are together right...", Lilli leaned forward as far as the seat belt would allow, getting much entertained by this.
"Well I told you we're just friends Lilli.",
"Friends don't kiss Aaliyah. Daddy and Aaliyah sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-",
"Lilli that's enough.", Iain scolded
"Aaliyah and I do like each other so we're moving in together. That's all.",
The rest of the car ride was silent, no one wanted to say anything or just didn't know what to say......until they passed an ice cream parlor.
"AALIYAH YOU SAID WE COULD GET ICE CREAM!",
"LILLI THERE IS NO NEED TO YELL!",
Iain was about to lose his mind. Didn't Aaliyah just do what she said there was no need to do? He wondered if he was in the car with two immature children instead of one adult and an intelligent 7 year old kid.
As he pulled into the parking lot he shook his head,worry and fear growing with each passing moment.
How was he gonna deal with both of them?
Getting out of the car they walked into the store and up to the counter.
"Hi! What can I get you?", the cashier asked.
"A chocolate.", Iain said waiting for the two girls.
"A mint chocolate chip.", Said Lilli.
"Ummmm a strawberry....wait no...Reese's....nahhh I like Oreo.",
Aaliyah couldn't make up her mind and a confused cashier stood waiting for a clarified order.
'Kill me now' Iain thought in his mind.