Chapter 55

I put my heels inside my suit case, swapping them for sneakers. Sitting down on the bed I started to untie the laces while Iain paced excitedly back and forth.

"You ..you were amazing! I really have no words, you never cease to amaze me...Now we've closed this major deal we're still in the big leagues. This calls for a celebration."

Tying the white shoe laces into a bow I jumped up enthusiastically.

"How about a birthday party?! We still owe Lilli her princess gala, let's combine business with pleasure and invite all your partner's along with their children."

Iain stopped pacing and grabbed my face.

"You are a genius!" Giving me a big smooch on my lips he then grabbed me into a hug. Completely frozen with shock I slowly wrapped my arms around him, waiting for him to realize what just happened but he released me and continued to pack.

"Let's hurry, so we can plan this right away and while we're at it we can call Grim about the wedding event-"

"Iain wait, wait slow down. You just kissed me....and wedding event? What??"

Turning around Iain looked frazzled for a moment.

"Isn't that what couples do? You're still my fiancée, I can kiss you. Or is that a crime?" He said with a matter fact tone.

I scoffed and crossed my arms.

Okay that's what he's not gonna do, talk to me like I'm retarded.

"Yeah I get it, but I told you very clear on the plane ride here how I felt. I need space."

I raised my eyebrows as Iain groaned and pulled at his long black brown hair. Slamming the suitcase shut, he zipped it violently and brushed pass me to the bathroom.

"Fine!" He exclaimed. "Space...yeah fucking right." I heard him mutter not so quietly.

I scrunched up my face in confusion and disbelief.

What the hell?!

"What is up with you!" I followed him in the bathroom, which probably wasn't the wisest thing to do.

"Me?!" Iain gathered his medication case from the counter and tried to exit, only for me to shut the door and block his path.

I was just happy moments ago, am I adapting his mood swings? Dear God.

"Yeah you, angry for no reason like are you serious right now?"

Iain scoffed and backed away.

"No reason?"

"Yeah."

"No reason?! I've lost track of how many times you've discontinued what we have, you're back and forth, uncertain like the weather! I can't deal with this anymore if you're going to keep denying me, I want to be your husband but you're denying me of that! You constantly send me green lights and wonder why I'm always on go. My patience is really running thin with you Aaliyah. I have nothing else to say. Either be with me or don't, I'm not going to be strung along like some puppet."

I couldn't speak, I don't know why really. It was like the words were caught in my throat.

"Move Aaliyah..... Please."

Iain tried to walk around me, but I fell into step with him.

"I'm not in the mood for your games Aaliyah, let me leave."

I swallowed hard and parted my lips before uttering

"No."

My gaze met his, and I don't know how I looked. Maybe a little crazy....I'm sure but I don't really care. I just want him to see me if that makes sense, hoping that.....Hell I don't really know what I was hoping for. That's the problem. I just don't know and it's killing me because I've never felt this way before. In the short time I've been with him Iain has broken me down from everything I use to be.

Suddenly Iain turned away from me and leaned against the sink.

"Dammit Aaliyah." Sighing he tilted his head up, looking to the ceiling.

I grabbed the door knob behind me and held on to it, still facing Iain.

"How do I look to you? Look at me."

"What?"

"How do I look to you? Be honest."

Iain glanced at me, and returned his gaze to the ceiling. He didn't say anything for several moments, making me wait and the longer I did the more I dreaded his answer.

"Confused." He finally said. "Stressed." He also added.

"Then you see how hard this is. How much I'm struggling. Things are just complicated Iain-"

"Because you're making things that way! Just for a moment don't over analyze would you? You either want someone or you don't. It's just that simple, don't tell me otherwise."

I sighed.
"Okay then it's me. I know I'm complicated and I have a lot to work through still but God damn Iain Pliegue I do love you. More than anyone I've ever been with. I'm just...scared, and I don't want to do this with fear still present within me. I don't want to marry you with cold feet. I want to be sure."

Iain reached for my hands and held on tight.

"It's now or never. Right now. I'm asking you one last time, right now and if you don't answer...or even say no then I'll pack your bags myself and take you back to your house. Because, you've had a hell of a long time to see if you were sure."

My breath caught as I tried to gasp, the water works started no matter how hard I tried to fight them. He's giving me an ultimatum. Say yes or leave him, Lilli and...basically everything he's introduced me to. He didn't have to explain, his eyes said it all.

"Aaliyah, do you want to get married?"

I couldn't see him through this blurry vision of mine, I just wanted to punch myself in the face for crying. I had a question stained in the front of my brain, Is love enough? I love Iain, I do. But, is that enough. With everything going on, I'm not even sure we'll survive our vows I'm not sure we'll be a great duo when it's all said and done but...despite it all I don't want this to be something I'll regret forever.

I wiped my eyes and reevaluated where we stood.

"I do." I nodded quickly. "I do." It wasn't a lie.... I did want to get married to him.

In that monent, I don't think I've ever seen Iain smile so wide.