Chapter 57

"Are you sure about this?"

Aaliyah nodded her head with a nonchalant shrug.
"Yes I'm sure."

Grim put his hand on his forehead, closing his eyes he let out a sigh before putting both hands on his waist.
"You know, I'm only asking because it's very untraditional for the couple to see the reception 2 hours before the wedding. You chose me because you wanted it to be a surprise. I'm not quite su-"

Aaliyah put up her hand, interrupting him mid sentence.

"It's just me seeing it. Listen, I trusted you to freelance this, last minute at that. This doesn't show I don't trust your details I'm just excited. I didnt get to plan much, I just want to see. The welcome sign already looked amazing you have nothing to worry about Mr. Davis."

Sighing contemptuously, Grim put his hands on the door knob. There was no talking Aaliyah out of it. Opening the doors slowly, Grim prayed for the best. This wedding has been his biggest book this year, if she didn't like it then he could kiss his career goodbye.

Switching on the lights, he turned to face Aaliyah.

"What do you think?? Be honest."

Aaliyah's POV
I could not believe my eyes. Stepping into the room slowly, I cast a glance at Grim with a raised eyebrow.

"Aaliyah? Be honest." He told me once again. I could sense he was getting nervous because of how long I was taking. I just needed a moment to take it all in.

"Grim..", I said. "My wedding is 2 hours away and...you completely went above and beyond. I cant believe my eyes. It's beautiful!!"

"Oh dear God." I heard Grim mutter before releasing a breath. I let out a giggle before patting him on the back. The accent tones of the blue went perfect with the couplings of gold and pink. It was exactly what I had in mind, he conveyed my idea completely. It seemed so elegant and royal, I can't even describe the simplistically lavish detail of it all. I walked over to the head table, the cutlery was embroidered with intricate lines, that small detail alone made me bounce inside. I touched our 'Mr. And Mrs.' Signs on the back of our chairs, smiling with every trace I did with my finger.

I shook my head, still in disbelief

I shook my head, still in disbelief. To think, a couple months ago I didnt even know whether this day was going to ever come. Yet here it is.

"Grim...I'm.. I'm speechless. Thank you so much."
Putting my hand over my heart, I gave him the most kind smile I could muster.
"Ms. Pinkston...or should I say Mrs. Pliegue, it was truly my honor to do this for you guys. Now you have to get ready but i can show you the cake on the way out."

Raising my wrist, I turned my watch around to see the time. 'Yikes, he's right. Angela will kill me if I'm late for hair and makeup.' I thought.

"I don't think I'll have time for that. How about we leave that to be an actual surprise?" I suggested with a sly grin.

Grim held open the door for me as we exited the ballroom,
"Now that is something I can agree on." He replied.

Taking one last glance I let out a breath of anticipation. This is going to be one hell of a day. I can feel it.

 I can feel it